Pivotal Labs is a recognized leader in agile software development practices. We build consumer and enterprise web and mobile applications for global clients and startups. We are currently looking for experienced, creative designers to join our team and help us continue to innovate in the field. We have openings for designers with a variety of backgrounds, including: Design Research, User Experience, Interaction, and Visual Design.
Why we love what we do (and so could you)
* Design pairing
* Seriously collaborative, even with people not on our teams
* Immerse yourself in one project at a time
* Daily product decision making and real product delivery with product managers and developers
* Freedom to try out new design processes; in the spirit of agile, do what works, try new things, stop doing things that don’t work; not a lot of constraints on the “creative” process
* You are always shipping!
* Environment that encourages learning and growing as a professional and individual and infrastructure to support and motivate those goals
* Community oriented design team
* We really care about design and don’t cut corners – and still we’re shipping all the time!
* All the designers have different skill-sets: you’re not expected to be an expert in everything but having access to someone who probably is means we all get smarter by teaching and learning
What we do as Product Designers for web and mobile applications
* Maintain a user-centered approach in design perspective and practice
* Work as a collaborative team member with clients, developers, and fellow designers
* Lead products from discovery and framework through iterative development and delivery
* Help product managers assess and prioritize opportunities and constraints
* Guide product decisions through user research, customer development, and iterative feedback loops
* Determine best practice approaches and lead the client through our process
* Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications
* Conduct user testing, interviews, and analysis
* Develop visual identity systems, data visualizations, visual design, illustrations, etc.
* Produce materials for clients and developers, including user flows, wireframes, mockups, live style guides, and assets
How you can become a Pivot
* Be open-minded, creative, and self-critical; be collaborative and communicative
* Be thoughtful about the role of design in relation to contemporary technology; be committed to lifelong design learning
* Have strong experience working independently with clients
* Have experience designing full-service consumer and business applications
* Bonus: Knowledge of front-end technologies and frameworks (HAML/SASS, grid systems, responsive design) would be a huge plus!
* 2+ years experience with agile and/or lean philosophy and methods
* 5+ years experience as a Product Designer
Interested in becoming a Pivot? We’re seeking more amazing designers to add to our team. Apply by sending us a link to your portfolio, a CV, and cover letter.
Click here to apply.