TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
We are hiring an experienced Senior Product Manager, Cruise. In this role, you will be the product lead accountable for strategically and rapidly growing the cruise product offering on TripAdvisor. This is a rare opportunity to join a team at its inception and be a key stakeholder in building the business – features, traffic, revenue, global expansion and more.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned professional at defining products, driving concepts from planning to implementation and relentlessly testing and measuring for optimization.
This role will be located in our Needham, MA office, with periodic travel to our Ewing, NJ office.
What You’ll Do:
- Understand TripAdvisor’s evolving strategic and competitive position for cruise and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry
- Make decisions based on quantitative, qualitative and competitive data. Deeply understand traveler needs, pain points, and behaviors, and transform that knowledge into a cohesive roadmap of features and bug fixes that aligns to company goals
- Develop business requirements, financial models and functional details for new features or enhancements
- Hands-on manage products throughout their lifecycle, from planning to launch, including collaborating directly with design, analytics and engineering teams along with editorial, brand, CRM or community as relevant.
- Fully own quality through hands-on quality assurance testing
- Define, monitor and analyze key performance indicators to monitor proactively the health of the business
- Define, monitor and analyze key conversion metrics and A/B tests to support continual optimization of the product and business
- Communicate the state of projects across teams, stakeholders as well as executives.
What We Seek:
The ideal candidate sits comfortably at the intersection between business, technology and user experience, with experience in at least one, passion for all three, and fluency with practitioners in all. In addition, he or she will demonstrate the following competencies:
- 5+ years of B2C Internet product management experience
- Demonstrated track record of building consumer products that users love and drive high-impact results
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills but be able to work independently
- Thrives in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple projects at a time
- Passion for making decisions quickly to seize opportunities that lead to team success
- Strong problem-solving and analytic skills; willingness to get into the details and drive clarity from ambiguity
- Ability to integrate quantitative and qualitative user research at all stages of product development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels of an organization
- Strong fluency in design and technical principles
- Familiarity with Agile product development
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; MBA a plus