Online Product Manager
Department: Corporate Product
Location: Paddington / Southwark, London
Reports to: Head of Product
Job type: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
PhotoBox is Europe’s leading online photo service. The Company pioneered online printing, storing, sharing, community and publishing services for digital photos before extending its range to innovative products such as photo books, calendars, and greeting cards. Merging with leading French service Photoways in April 2006, PhotoBox now boasts over 11 million members and nearly 200 million photo prints and has won more awards than any other online photo printing website with the latest including Which? Magazine’s Best Buy and Gartner’s CRM Excellence Award.
This is a key role within the Corporate Online Product Management team for the PhotoBox group. Reporting to the Head of Product – eCommerce Platform, you will work extensively with designers, developers, local marketing teams, customer services, and the senior management to define, design and deliver compelling, market leading online propositions for the PhotoBox Group.
The key aims of this role are:
• To build and own elements of the product roadmap
• To build excellent working relationships with stakeholders from the commercial, marketing, customer services, UX, development teams
• To ensure a data driven approach to functional development and roadmap prioritisation
• To deliver pre, during and post implementation data analysis showing the impact of changes made
• To enhance the product management centre of excellence with a deep understanding of either; web analytics, usability, functional design, project management or business analysis
Main responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Manage the overall product process including insights, requirements, roadmaps, design & development, and measurement
• Work with the Head of Product to define and deliver the product roadmap and own its success metrics
• Evaluate the market environment regularly and make recommendations about future innovations and product direction
• Communicate requirements for the development team and sign off those developments once completed
Critical Success Factors:
• On time on budget delivery of projects & roadmap features
• Harmonised working relationship with all stakeholders
• Measuring and owning the success of developments commissioned
Qualifications & Personal Characteristics:
• An exceptional communicator in both written and presentation forms
• Does not rely on hearsay and conjecture to deliver compelling propositions, rather they are data driven seeking out cause and effect or correlation in every development that is produced
• Has a good understanding of agile / scrum approaches and the role of the product manager within the scrum team
• Able to work in a turbulent and fast changing environment, comfortable with ambiguity
• Capable of communicating clear requirements via stories, mock-ups and / or prototypes
• Skilled project manager who has a proven track record of on time, on budget delivery.
• Will be obsessive over site data and metrics including PVs, UVs, Bounce rates, conversion, and visit times.
• Have high energy levels, always seeking new opportunities to enhance the customer experience and dictating the pace of the product management function
• Friendly and personable, able to deal with team members of all levels and work in harmony with the entire organisation
• A doer, who would prefer to get something done rather than talk about getting something done, but understands the importance of ‘taking the organisation with them’.
• Background in fast moving eCommerce companies
• Technical background in web technologies
• Comfortable with large audiences, the product manager is a skilled negotiator who is able to bring local marketing teams with him and align all parties around a common goal.
• Comfortable with multivariate and A>B testing
• Hungry for knowledge of the marketplace and leads activities to benchmark functionality against competitors, initiate projects at both a central and local level and conduct competitive analysis with standard frameworks as required
• A stickler for usability, always looking to improve the customers journey and acts as the voice of the customer to internal development teams
• Fluent in French
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties, and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the business objectives of the organisation. This Job description will be updated annually during the annual review.