Since our launch five years ago, we’ve raised venture capital from top-tier, socially-minded investors, expanded in three countries, and are now working with thousands of schools, helping them to improve outcomes for hundreds of thousands of students. We care about our social goals as much as our business targets and want to make a lasting, positive impact across the education sector. We’re looking for passionate, curious, ambitious people who share our ethos and want to make an impact at scale.
As Product Manager you’ll be joining a fantastic team who are really passionate about tech and education, and who are growing fast! On a day to basis you’ll be helping the team to develop solutions and solve problems. In addition to this you’ll also be responsible for the following:
- Developing user stories through interviews, research, and observations of school stakeholders
- Producing wireframes that show the intended solution, and developing the UX and flow of the product
- Understanding the commercial context and prioritising product features accordingly
- Effectively managing a remote team of software engineers
- Prioritising the product roadmap and using agile methodologies to build the product to tight deadlines
- Taking full ownership of the outcome, sharing the success with the team and learning from mistakes
- Helping to market the solution, increasing engagement and NPS metrics
- Becoming a domain expert of Arbor’s product
- Speaking at conferences to school and industry stakeholders, as well as internally educating Arbor’s partnership and customer teams on the use of the product
We’re looking for someone who is smart and driven, who has experience working in technology as well as a passion for improving education outcomes (this is a must!).
On top of that the ideal candidate needs to be able to demonstrate the following:
- The ability to explain terms like Progress 8, EBacc and Scaled Score methodologies, and be familiar with the principles of the A2C initiative
- A self-starter who can demonstrate working independently and taking full ownership of projects in a start-up/scale-up environment
- Have an understanding of both UX and UI, with the ability to talk expertly about both when challenged
- Ability to empathise with school stakeholders, identify needs and translate into a design concept
- Able to work with various teams across the business to channel many points of view.
- Product management experience in a technology company, preferably in a B2B SaaS company, is an advantage.
- Ideally you’ll have experience of working in the UK education sector
- 25 days holiday
- A Macbook Air
- Free breakfast in the office
- 24/7 access to speak to a GP via Babylon Health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social events with a fun-loving team
- Choice of music all day long in the office (we welcome all tastes!)
- Enjoy coming in every day, see the impact of your own work, and know that you’re making a positive difference!