Idealist is seeking a product management intern who can jump in to help launch multiple mission-critical web products in the Fall of 2018. We’re looking for someone with a passionate heart and an inquisitive mind who can help us make our vision into a reality.
Idealist helps people all over the planet to change the world for the better. We are the go-to job board for the nonprofit and social good sector, and we have big ambitions for the year ahead. Founded in 1995, Idealist has grown and evolved at a pace with the Internet itself. We combine the mission of a 501(c)3 nonprofit with the metrics-driven mentality of a startup.
You will work alongside Idealist’s Senior Product Manager, coordinating between the developer team, internal stakeholders, and design vendors, always keeping the user experience at the heart of any discussion.
Your responsibilities will be to…
- Support the documentation and prioritization of new feature development in an agile software development environment
- Gather user feedback via surveys, user interviews, and usability tests to inform product decisions
- Conduct market research to better understand the ever-changing ecosystem of products adjacent to Idealist’s offerings
- Help manage vendor relationships to make sure we are getting the most out of our strategic partnerships
- Test new features before they are released to production
You are the perfect candidate for this position if…
- You have experience working in product management, product design, project management, or product marketing
- You are curious and excited to learn what product solutions will best meet the Idealist users’ needs
- You are organized and diligent about following through on tasks
- You have a knack for project management and tying up loose ends with stakeholders
- You have experience with project management tools (we use Pivotal and Trello)
- You nerd out about logical structures and how small changes ripple throughout a larger system
- You work well with others and can think around corners to create a delightful user experience
- You care about the details and think creatively about how to improve user interfaces
- You have an awareness of new and innovative technology solutions
Nice to haves:
- Experience with successful digital product launches
- Programming experience or understanding of software architectures (we use Python and React among other things)
- Data analysis experience (we primarily use Mixpanel, Tableau, and PostgreSQL)
- This is an in-office, full-time, 40 hr/week position
- Ideal candidate will be able to commit through December 20, 2018
- Hourly compensation equivalent to $60k/yr.
Start date: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 (mid-end August possible)