We are looking for a talented and versatile Visual Designer to join our team at blinkbox Books. You’ll work directly with our in-house marketing team to promote the books service with memorable campaigns and communications. You’ll be a strong conceptual thinker, have great ideas and the ability to bring them to life visually.
As part of a small Creative Team, your focus will be on crafting exceptional visuals that are consistent with our brand guidelines. You will also put in place additional campaign guidelines to ensure consistent creative execution across everything we do. You’ll develop our in-house style and work with a copywriter on design concepts and visuals, as well as artworking material ranging from online advertising to emails, landing pages to social creative. Ideally you will have a portfolio that demonstrates fantastic attention to detail and overall quality.
Required skills and experience
• Several years commercial experience as a designer working with digital creative campaigns.
• Ideally, an understanding of designing for print.
• An up-to-date knowledge of current design trends and how these can be successfully implemented into a commercial environment.
• Experience working within brand guidelines.
• An outstanding portfolio of work demonstrating focused brief-driven design work.
• Hands-on design using Adobe Creative Suite.
• An ability to work to fixed deadlines.
• Manage your own workload with a level of independence.
• Attention to detail and the ability to deliver work to the highest standards.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills – you must be able to articulate concepts.
The blinkbox portfolio of digital entertainment services span movies and TV, music and books.
blinkbox Books is a digital books platform, with all of the UK’s bestselling and backlist titles. Together, blinkbox books and Tesco will offer even more choice for the large and growing number of customers who want to buy and enjoy books on their digital devices whenever and wherever they want.
We have a team of the best people you’d ever want to meet, working on some of the most amazing creative and technologically challenging projects. We like people who are smart, funny and hardworking, who can adapt, work together and love interesting challenges at the cutting edge of technology.