In Vipps we’re on a mission to make life easier for people and businesses through smart payments.
We started out with simplifying peer-to-peer payments and replaced your account number with your phone number. In six months, we reached a million downloads. There lies an enormous value in solving everyday problems for 2,7 million users and 50.000 businesses, yet we know there are more problems to solve and more people to help and this is where you come into the picture.
As a product manager at Vipps, you will be responsible for evaluating opportunities and determining what gets built and delivered to our customers. You will work your magic in the intersection between Business, User experience and Technology, making sure all perspectives gets covered in new products and features. To do this well, we believe you are curious, a quick learner and able to apply new technologies and insight to solve customer problems. You are creative and able to think outside the box, and you are obsessed with data to guide your decisions.
We are looking for a person with relevant education or experience – but most importantly you are a smart creative who never stops learning. We expect you to have some great stories to share with us from your years as a product manager, we are interested in both the success stories and failures of your past.
We are looking for product managers for the following three product development teams:
- The Vipps app – Along with our fantastic developers and designers you will simplify the lives of three million users
- Data and personalization – Turn our exciting datasets into customer value through customized services for users and businesses
- Payments – Paying bills will never be easier. You will take part in building a digital platform, eradicating all paper-based invoices within 2 years
In all of the mentioned roles, we expect you to:
- Develop and own the vision and strategy of products and make sure it works well with other strategies within the Vipps organization.
- Be an operational and agile manager in the product development team and make sure we reach our targets through clear priorities, planning and continuous improvements.
- Work closely with your tech lead to prioritize the work to be done, and help decide the best technical solutions, including what we should build and what we should buy.
- Identify problems and needs to users and non-users through interviews and usability testing.
- Translate numbers and feedback to understand our target audience and make sure we can make our products even better.
- Make sure we always learn as much as possible, as quickly as possible, with as little effort as possible.
- Communicate product vision and strategy internally and externally. Creating alignment among internal stakeholders such as sales, marketing, finance, risk and of course your product development team.
- Support marketing with plans, positioning, and material before releases.
- Measure and check how every launch and release creates new value (or not) for companies, users and Vipps.
It would be fantastic if you
- Have 3+ years experience as a product manager or from similar roles.
- Have a technical bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- Are a world-class analyst and problem solver.
- Know and have experience with design thinking, lean startup and agile methods.
- Like to interview users and clients, and know A/B-testing well.
- Can tell us many stories of how you have taken full ownership of a product, from idea to launch.
- Think about details and strategy – problems and solutions.
- Inspire and give engineers and designer practical leadership every day.
- Understand and are able to communicate with all internal and external stakeholders.