** This position can be based out of San Francisco, CA or Ogden, UT
About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to simple and affordable legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 3 million legal documents, and answer over 30,000 legal questions.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
As the Product Manager, Internal Tools, you will be responsible for the smooth performance of our product and business operations. You will have the opportunity to work with a cross-functional team to drive wonderful product experiences that help people solve their legal problems.
Your team will own the internal tools we use to support and sell to our customers, as well as customer-facing product experiences driven by our business development team. You will be responsible for our [Legal Benefits/Workplace Solutions] product and support the develop of other potential partner ventures. You will engage with both internal teams as well as third-party partners to understand how we can improve our services to increase functionality and unlock new uses.
- Self Starter: You have a demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced environment
- Team Player: You are a creative problem solver who inspires innovation across the entire team and enjoys working with other talented Product Managers to solve complex problems
- User-Experience Minded: You think about how your product fits into people’s lives and real-world contexts
- Obsessive About Detail: You have an eye for details and an understanding of how they can affect the quality and understandability of an experience. You won’t ship a bad experience but you also know when perfection is the enemy of good progress.
- Strong Communicator: You excel at presenting and communicating in a way that builds strong relationships with internal business partners and stakeholders
- Numbers-Wielder: You are not afraid to take a deep dive into metrics and data whether it’s to diagnose a problem, evaluate a solution or propose a new KPI
A Day in the Life
- Deeply understand the needs of current and target customers through quantitative and qualitative customer research. Passionately represent the voice of the customer.
- Work with Engineering, User Experience, and QA to create and maintain exceptional solutions to customer problems.
- Collaborate with Sales, CS and Business Development to support customer fulfillment, sales and marketing operations on a variety of platforms – both on and off the website.
- Troubleshoot issues that affect Rocket Lawyer sites or business operations and work cross-functionally to address them in a timely manner.
- Create use cases and user stories that clearly articulate desired product functionality.
- Prioritize product enhancements and backlog issues using data-driven analysis and sound judgment.
- Develop a deep understanding of how the Rocket Lawyer site operates and come up with better ways to monitor and improve its performance
- 2+ years using Agile methodologies for a technology company
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRMs, eMail, MAP and other API integrations that drive business operations
- Comfortable talking to potential partners about Rocket Lawyer opportunities, as well as internal stakeholders about possible risks and issues
- Demonstrated flexibility adapting to shifting business and technical priorities, and disruptive events
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business or related field from a top university. MBA or technical Master’s degree preferred
Benefits & Perks
- Fully paid Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full-time employees
- Unlimited PTO; take time when you need it and come back refreshed
- Competitive salary packages
- Commuter/Transit Program
- 401k program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Your choice of a Mac or PC
- Monthly onsite masseuse sessions
- “Red Friday” catered lunches
- Company sponsored events, both on- and off-site