Our mission is to help software companies succeed – enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
We’re early in our journey but making great progress: Deloitte Fast 50 named us the fastest growing software company in the UK (we’ve tripled revenue every year since our launch in 2012), and we’ve raised over $17m in funding from incredible investors such as Notion, BGF and Kindred.
About the role
The mission of our Desktop Tools team is to help our customers provide better product experience to their own customers. At the moment this is licensing and delivery but in future it could include delivering software updates, feedback and much more.
We’re looking for a product manager to drive the vision, product strategy and execution for this area of the product. Some of the challenges you’ll be considering are:
- Helping customers who are used to billing on a one off basis switch to recurring billing
- Giving software sellers who primarily sell to consumers a way to sell to businesses
- Analysing a product we acquired (DevMate) and deciding what to build into Paddle (most likely licensing and the management of software updates)
We believe that building the right thing is important and take product discovery seriously (we’re also aware that sometimes the only way to validate a solution is to ship it). We work in cross-functional teams consisting of product managers, engineers and product designers (who are part of the product team). The majority of our engineers are based in our London office (a couple work remotely for personal reasons) and we have no plans to change this. Collaboration and communication are very important aspects of how we work.
What you’ll do
- Gather feedback from our customers (through interviews, surveys and secondary information) to drive the discovery process
- Run workshops with participants from product, engineering and the rest of the business to help determine what we should build
- Use data (where possible) to inform your decisions
- Develop and own the roadmap for desktop tools ensuring it fits in with our product and business strategy
- Keep your team, the product team and the rest of the company updated with what is happening and why
- Work within a cross-functional team to deliver on your product roadmap (driven by the product discovery process)
- Continually learn and improve by soliciting critical feedback on everything we build.
We would love to hear from you if
- You have strong product management skills
- You are experienced in writing and explaining technical content
- You have the ability to improvise, think creatively, and find simple solutions to solve complex problems.
- You have excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of 80 people (quickly on our way to 100+) based near London Bridge. We care deeply about enabling a great culture as we scale, which is inclusive no matter your background, rewarding for you and enables high performance, which is why we offer these (constantly evolving) benefits:
- Fair compensation: you’ll get a competitive salary, share options to succeed if we do, and pension contributions matched up to 3%
- Empowered to succeed: transparent culture where you can speak up and have an impact, work the way you prefer whether it’s the latest Macbook, a standing desk or flexible hours, and 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays).
- Meaningful work: highly collaborative work culture with a tangible impact of your work on our success and that of our customers
- Enjoyable team work: very friendly and respectful culture, lots of free food from a welcome team meal to Tuesday catered lunches to Friday drinks and your pick of social activities, whether you want to join our football team, in-office yoga lessons or board game nights
- Learning & growing: constant exposure to new challenges as we’re one of the fastest growing companies in the UK, dedicated on-boarding as well as regular internal and external training we’ll pay for.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.