AlliedCrowds has a unique mission: to combine technology, data, and finance in order to disrupt development. We do this by creating innovative products and new financing models that unlock capital for entrepreneurs in emerging markets, enabling them to grow their businesses, hire new employees, and contribute to the global economy.
Since its founding, AlliedCrowds has consulted for some of the world’s largest development finance institutions, multilateral aid agencies, and private companies involved in development, including UNDP, GIZ, IFC, IsDB, and others.
We are looking to add an intern to help with research, analysis, business development, and consulting. This is an opportunity that gives you considerable responsibility and ownership. The majority of your time will be spent conducting research on emerging market alternative finance, conducting business development, analyzing internal data, and working on client projects.
- Research and analysis for client projects; examples include:
- GreenCrowds – User experience and competitive analysis research
- GIZ Entrepreneur Guide – Conduct research on alternative finance in specific countries and assist with data collection
- WGEO Capital Finder – Business plan drafting and feasibility study
- Editing and writing articles and reports
- Marketing and business development support
- Currently pursuing/recently finished a BA/BS, MA/MSc, or MBA in economics, development, finance, or related field
- Proven interest in economic development and/or alternative finance
- Academic or professional experience in research and analysis
- Previous experience working in emerging markets
- Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- In-depth knowledge of alternative finance
- Experience working in international development organizations (UN, World Bank, etc.)
- Experience with data science and statistical software packages