AlliedCrowds has a unique mission: to combine technology, data, and finance in order to disrupt development. We do this by creating innovative products and new financing models that unlock capital for entrepreneurs in emerging markets, enabling them to grow their businesses, hire new employees, and contribute to the global economy.
Since its founding, AlliedCrowds has consulted for some of the world’s largest development finance institutions, multilateral aid agencies, and private companies involved in development, including UNDP, GIZ, IFC, IsDB, and others.
We are looking for someone to join our team to work on our data pipeline. This is an opportunity that gives you considerable responsibility and ownership. At the core, it involves cleaning, processing, charting, and analyzing our data.
You will be working directly with the CTO on the following:
- Analyzing, charting, and graphing existing data sets
- Running regressions to find unique insights within our data
- Reviewing, testing, and improving our data pipeline
- Incorporating new functionality into our internal and external APIs
- Currently pursuing or recently finished a BA/BS, MA/MS, or MBA in economics, development, finance, computer science, mathematics, engineering, or related field
- Proficient and proven expertise in Python (or similar scripting language) and SQL
- Demonstrated interest in economic development / alternative finance
- General understanding of Machine Learning
- Previous database management experience
- Previous experience working in emerging markets
- Experience with data science and statistical software packages