Grade: Band A
Salary: £51,549 – £69,659
Post Type: Permanent
Summary of Role
Join a team that is at the heart of the future of HMCTS and is a key part of building and implementing the new digital operating model for the organisation. The role will have management and leadership responsibility for one or more digital and technology products which may be focused on applications or infrastructure, on existing or new technology. Over time and after a suitable period of knowledge transfer you will take on the management of a team and ultimately ownership of a product or group of products. You will work very closely with the HMCTS Service Managers who are ultimately accountable for their services and you will also draw on input from wider teams and organisations to operate and improve products.
We’re looking for someone who has impressive product management skills, or equivalent; You will be an individual who likes working in a delivery focused, agile environment with multi-disciplinary teams, and has worked at a management level.
You will have strong communication and relationship building skills and a highly collaborative team player approach as well as the ability to interact with senior stakeholders and manage feedback from multiple stakeholder groups.
You will be someone who takes pride in representing users and enjoys the challenge of promoting the products you are working on.
You are a pragmatic and analytical thinker who makes evidence-based decisions.
You will be motivated by an opportunity to work in a unique public service environment, and for a department that directly delivers services in one of the largest transformation and reform programmes in government.
- Leading management and control of the digital and technology assets, resources, subscriptions and calendar of activities needed to keep products and end-to-end services operating efficiently and effectively;
- Accountable for the functional and non-functional requirements gathering, product definition and prioritisation in the development of new products and services;
- Accountable for all aspects of digital/technology live service support and improvement for a group of end-to-end products delivered to the user;
- Providing leadership to the product teams and coordination of the multiple providers and suppliers involved in delivering the products and end-to-end services;
- Overseeing that operational methods, procedures, facilities and tools are established, reviewed and improved continuously, for all aspects of the digital and technology assets;
- Leading analysis and understanding of the technical and practical detail about how products work, serve user needs and how they could be developed;
- Leading the readiness and transition of products to a live operation at scale, and subsequent releases and enhancements;
- Create trusting relationships with the Service Managers who are ultimately accountable for the end-to-end services, supporting them in development and operation of the services;
- Leading development, delivery and live operation of digital services, technology and ICT.
Key experience & capabilities required
- Experience of working in delivery and operationally focussed roles;
- A track record of successfully managing and supporting teams to deliver agreed goals and objectives;
- The ability to, take ownership for one or more digital and technology products
- The capability to improve systems and structures to deliver with more streamlined resources;
- Previous experience of taking managed risks and overcoming the challenges of difficult/complex changes;
- Experience of engagement with senior management, representing the work of your team and demonstrating its contribution to overall organisation goals;
- The ability to recognise patterns and trends in a wide range of evidence/data and draw key conclusions;
- Previous experience and/or knowledge of software development.
Closing Date: 24th July 2018