Onfido uses machine learning to help over 1,500 companies verify the identity of their users online.
Founded in 2012, we’ve received over $60m in funding from world-class technology investors including Salesforce and Microsoft. As a team of 180 with offices in 5 countries, we work with global customers including BBVA, Square and LendingKart.
Our technology verifies the authenticity of a user’s identity document and compares it with their facial biometrics. As a global innovator in the Computer Vision space, our AI learns to identity fraud as it evolves over time, enabling our clients to rapidly onboard more users while protecting themselves against fraudulent activity. Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive trust, inclusion and safety online.
Group: Technology | Team: Product
You’ll be part of a Product team with strong leadership and mission owning the full roadmap and delivery of the five company product lines. This team is colocated with Engineering in the UK headquarters and is supported by Product Design, AI Research, and Business Intelligence.
The role will involve:
- Data – defining and tracking product metrics
- Performance – Analysing the performance of machine learning-based improvements and optimisations and helping the Research team improve our AI capability
- Market Analysis – discovery to capture the client’s needs
- Prototyping – working with designers and engineers to provide product requirements for proposed features
- User Testing – making use of usability testing to ensure our product offers the best user experience and meets client needs
- Planning releases and feeding into the Go-to-market plans
- Agile – augmenting, refining and prioritising backlogs and verifying sprint deliverables
- Communication – with stakeholders, including sales and marketing as well as other senior leads to develop and maintain our product roadmap
- Collaboration – working with other Product Managers and our Tech function to improve internal processes
What we’re hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- An established Product Manager with several major cycles (multi-quarter) of defining a product, deploying it and managing it operationally.
- Excellent analytical ability to support machine learning product development
- Able to ask the right questions, and listen carefully to the relevant answers
- Creative problem solver with a holistic mindset – connecting the dots, systematic in structuring them and detailed-oriented in specifying them.
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to define product requirements
- Action-oriented and able to motivate teams and colleagues towards achieving goals
- Experience in a startup or scaleup
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Machine Learning experience
- Experience building up service workflow and back-office tools that are run by service operations
Values and behaviours:
- Succeed Together – Share skills, ideas and honest feedback.
- Take Pride – Deliver world-class quality and be an ambassador.
- Learn Things, Share Them – Seek out knowledge. Then, take what you learn and teach it to others.
- Find a Better Way – Fix what’s broken and make what works even better.
- Create Customer Buzz – Craft an experience that customers rave about.
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We’re committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Childcare vouchers
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days – 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month)
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Open and transparent culture – we meet for a Friday afternoon forum (OnFriday) to engage peers informally over drinks.
- If you’re relocating from another country to join then we’ll get you an Airbnb for the first month.
The interview process will involve:
- Reviewing your CV and application to ensure a fit
- A two-way 30 minute conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- A 15 minute call with the VP Product
- Onsite interview with team (Product, Growth and Engineering)
- A do-at-home Task
- Final interview with the VP Product and CPO.
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.