PURPOSE OF JOB:
As an Agile Delivery Coach, with support of your manager, you will own agile delivery processes and practice, coaching digital delivery teams to work more effectively in the delivery of digital products. You will also work with cross-disciplinary teams within the organisation who need support to establish a culture of collaboration, continuous improvement and learning through experimentation.
- With the Product Management and Engineering Practice Leads set best practice standards, processes and culture to create an effective, efficient and creative delivery function.
- Facilitate the continuous delivery of products and services across the organisation.
- Embed an agile way of working for the cross-functional teams and coach them to achieve the team’s collective goals.
- Build and maintain motivated teams, making sure there is an iterative plan to work towards.
- Proactively remove blockers for the development team and ensure there is a clear pipeline of work to be delivered next.
- Monitor, share and evaluate delivery and measure progress to ensure value is delivered early and often.
- Protect the team and make sure the team collaborates, communicates and focuses on what is most important.
- Champion agile delivery methodology and help build agile understanding and capability in the organisation.
- Take a pragmatic approach to capability building, adapting to different business needs or styles.
Essential Education and Competencies:
- Experience of championing agile delivery practice in a complex and challenging business environment.
- Deep understanding of the principles of agile and the processes behind effective digital product delivery.
- Skilled and adaptable communicator – able to flex style between coach, advisor, manager and challenger.
- Collaborative worker – able to work closely with leadership and other teams.
- Effective relationship builder with strong stakeholder management skills.
- Outstanding solid agile coaching skills – ability to engage, motivate and deliver organisational change to create an iterative, user-centric and evidence driven delivery function.
- Curious and creative thinker – to create a learning organisation committed to continuous improvement and always striving to do things better.
- Resilient – with the ability to stay the course in championing and embedding agile thinking and culture.