Product Managers (PM) are responsible for the execution of a defined portfolio strategy as well as delivery of new products as defined on a roadmap. PMs are involved in all facets of the product development process (concept definition, development, and launch). PMs have the pulse of trends impacting the business (macro-economic, consumer, retail), assisting the team with developing product / portfolio strategies and roadmaps. PMs are a lead product portfolio resource for Channel Marketing and Sales teams, providing comprehensive product knowledge, selling stories, pricing and other material necessary to sell product.
• Product Development: Play lead role in executing new products within the product strategy and roadmap. Execute through leadership of a cross functional team to deliver products from concept to delivery at retail. This includes providing consumer centric pain points, design requirements, target costs, trade and time requirements. Responsible for products to be delivered on time, on budget, and of the right quality.
• Portfolio Management: Identify opportunities for improving product profitability by developing a solid understanding of the materials, processes and engineering technologies utilized in the production of the product lines under their management. Monitor sku sales movement and recommend candidates for obsolescence. Perform gross margin analysis to ensure regular product and price improvements are implemented and tracked. Requires basic P&L comprehension.
• Project Management: Partnering with Project Manager, take leadership role in ensuring programs are comprehensively executed per schedule. Ensure team is clear on tasks and timelines and programs are executed per agreed upon plan. Plan and execute all activities to communicate product features, costs, next step actions and milestone dates to broader category team, internal and/or external customers.
• Integrated Marketing: Support the Category Manager and Brand team in developing all sales and marketing materials related to both existing products and new product launches. Lead the development of sell sheets, core product story development and communication, catalog inputs, packaging, and published price list integrity.
• Market and Consumer Insights: Conduct business and competitive analysis in order to thoroughly understand product category requirements. Recognize and utilize consumer and competitive trends to inform actions as well as support for portfolio and roadmap development.
• 4 year BBA degree or its equivalent with a marketing concentration; MBA desirable.
• 3-5 years marketing experience in a consumer product goods environment; Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering experience desirable.
• Trend Awareness; Planning; Driving Results; Decision-Making; Critical Thinking; Priority Setting; Innovation; Influencing Without Control; Negotiation Skills; Business analysis, creative thinking, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, willingness to assume accountability for budgets and timelines, problem solving, experience with organizing, working with and running cross functional team meetings
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities