About Rocket Lawyer
At Rocket Lawyer, we believe that everyone should have access to simple and affordable legal help. Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 3 million legal documents, and answer over 30,000 legal questions.
As a company, we have always maintained that the best way to go about that mission was to be a platform – destination on the internet driven by technology and a great user experience – to provide legal help in whatever form is necessary – legal documents, legal advice, or legal representation. We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. To bring this mission to life, we are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
With a laser focus to build a complete, cohesive, and delightful user experience, Rocket Lawyer is seeking a uniquely talented Product Marketing Manager (PMM) to focus on two strategic platforms: 1) mobile app and 2) external partners/platforms. In today’s consumer technology world, being mobile-first is the new norm and we’re excited that Rocket Lawyer is uniquely positioned to secure a top position in the mobile app space for legal service. In addition to providing a best-in-class cross-platform (app/mobile web/desktop), Rocket Lawyer is also working with other organizations to externalize our product and services to fulfill legal needs no matter where the target customers are. Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategic Marketing, you have a unique opportunity to identify, drive, shape, and deliver results that will lead Rocket Lawyer into the next phase of growth by working with a global team of talented colleagues and senior executives.
Based in our London office, you will pair up with a team of talented product managers and designers to form product visions for the next generation of mobile-centric, externally integrated products, and emerging technologies. You’ll leverage your research and analytical rigor to synthesize what is compelling and exciting to build, how it impacts business in the short and long run, and what success looks like. The PMM will also play an important role to define the product-market fit, the target audience, strategy, value propositions, and plan the go-to-market strategy and executions to drive awareness, adoption, and to accelerate the growth of new products or features. You will work on integrated campaigns end-to-end, by collaborating with a global channel marketing team including PR, customer acquisition, lifecycle marketing, content and social, design and UX, and developers. We’re seeking a collaborative, thoughtful and organized thinker who is also a strong communicator and is able to think both strategically and creatively. The PMM must thrive in a fast-moving environment and is able to multitask to stay on top of all the moving pieces while solving problems to lead cross-functional partners to drive action and results under challenging timelines.
A Day in the Life
- From competitive analysis to strategy and execution, work side-by-side with product owners to define product vision, business cases, go-to-market plan, and results for a portfolio of mobile-centric and externally leveraged products and features.
- Plan and execute researches and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to identify problems, pain points in the customer journey, as well as opportunities for growth.
- Work with Business Intelligence, Product, Finance to recommend financial impact, success metrics, and implement tracking and reporting. Report on the impact of marketing activities as well as learn and optimize based on insights.
- Own the formation and execution of go-to-market campaigns. Work with marketing channel managers, creative and development resources to define timeline, deliverable, budget to ensure high quality outcomes and timely delivery.
- Be able to pitch high-level recommendations, budget requests, and resource alignment to executives with the goal to deliver business results.
- Stay up-to-date with competitors and understand the latest trends in the industry, customer behaviors, and technologies. Be a knowledge broker and/or go-to person for business intelligence in your relevant field.
- Maintain detailed documentation of Rocket Lawyer’s product marketing initiatives.
- Create, manage and provide feedback on marketing messaging and product copy to ensure brand consistency across devices and platforms.
- A passion for our mission
- 6+ years of experience in consumer/prosumer/SMB technologies with a focus on product marketing, marketing strategy, or digital/channel marketing. Software and Saas experience highly desired.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent required. MBA is a plus.
- Proven strategic thinking skills and problem solving skills especially working with a brand new platform, a new product, a new audience, or highly complicated product-market fit business cases. Strong intellectual curiosity, a lifetime learner, and a good combination of thinker/executor.
- Must have experience working with mobile app development and/or launch, developer marketing, or account-based custom software development.
- Articulate in presenting business strategy, plans, and key performance indicators. Ability to craft clear, compelling recommendations supported by strong analysis and business logic, and articulate them to various levels in the organization to gain support for recommendations.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Although not required, strong copy and content writing capabilities is a huge plus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously. Be able to manage issues and mitigate risks with product launches and partner engagement.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Enthusiastic, creative, and innovative attitude.