Other than micro-businesses, almost every company needs to ‘book’ something – whether it’s for external or internal customers. Many of these are critical, high-value business problems. BookingBug is the most advanced multi-channel appointment platform available, enabling organisations to market and sell their services through multiple channels, spanning online, mobile, in-branch and call-centre.
Every employee at BookingBug plays a key part in helping make complicated booking experiences simple for our clients. Our platform is built by enthusiastic, collaborative and talented individuals – our People. It’s an exciting time to join BookingBug. We’re scaling up our Product Management team and looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager to join us in making our customers successful.
The Product Management team is responsible for the long-term vision and shape of the product. The Technical Product Manager is a senior role within the team and is accountable for establishing and expanding our Time-as-a-Service platform. You will:
- Be a main influencer for the BookingBug platform to guide product and technical development across the company
- Build the long-term vision and strategy for BookingBug’s external developer products and set roadmaps to deliver on that strategy
- Be the main point of contact for customer-facing teams on questions, feedback and education about BookingBug’s APIs, SDK and developer tools
- Be responsible for managing the end-to-end development process of one of our internal development teams, including creating development stories, running sprint planning, and tracking tasks within the team
- Work with our Technical Solutions Architects to prioritise customer requests
- Put in place meaningful KPIs for the role to measure platform adoption and channel growth
- Generate content geared at external developers, such as blog posts, sample code, screencasts, how-to’s, tweets — whatever gets the word out
- Own the development of our API & SDK including documents, guides, screencasts and reference applications
- Engage in technical conversations in the software development community and funnel real world feedback to Product and other internal teams
You are a talented individual who loves working with a diverse and committed team. You can articulate and build abstract solutions that quickly satisfy immediate customer requirements. What we’d like to see:
- Prior experience in enterprise-scale platform development
- Building product roadmaps by balancing individual customer requirements and long-term vision and strategy
- Knowledge of Scrum principles, scheduling, sprint processes and Agile
- Highly effective at interacting across technical and business resources from the developer level through to senior management – intuitive with a mix of gravitas and empathy
- Inquisitive and challenging nature along with a willingness to take, and promote an ethos of, ownership, proactivity and responsibility
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that has the stability and commercial success of a big business, but the heart and soul of a start-up. Our teams are working on truly interesting challenges, so we need someone who is motivated by problem solving and seeing the wider impacts of their work.