We began as a small start-up – but today we have around 550 employees, which makes us one of Berlin’s major employers. In this role, we offer a wide variety of jobs outside of IT and programming. ImmobilienScout24 is Germany’s largest property marketplace. Every month, more than 1.5 million different properties to rent or to buy are offered on www.immobilienscout24.de.
Today, the portal is much more than a marketplace for houses and apartments. For example, ImmobilienScout24 supports users with products and information relevant to the areas of commercial property, building a home, valuation, financing, decorating and relocation.
We’re all about producing digital products and services that create positive outcomes for our consumers, customers and our business. We operate in a way that allows us to validate the impact ideas have in these areas, early in via our Product Discovery framework. This helps ensure success when we commit to scaling products for full operational user with our esteemed engineering colleagues.
- Partner with product managers, to drive the Product Discovery framework
- Form a deep understanding of Developer and New Home Builder consumers and determine the value our products can bring to them
- Continuously communicate with engineers to foster innovation and ensure the feasibility of ideas
- Help determine desired product and business outcomes. Have your success determined by this, not your output
- Ensure product designs address stakeholder concerns and constraints
- Self-sufficient in driving rapid learning and iteration, based on consumer feedback, A/B tests results, and the results of other Product Discovery techniques
- Assist in setting up and running frequent consumer tests and interviews
- Be proactive about drawing insights from internal analytics and competitor offerings
- Anchor work with a broader view of the User Experience. Consider end-to-end product flows, differing UI’s (mobile first, desktop, native apps), as well as multiple consumer touch points (email, support, push notifications, etc.)
- Ensure consumers can intuitively learn about our products
- Ensure new users are onboarded appropriately
- Understand how we could personalize product designs, depending on consumer journey stages
- Introduce moments of gratification for consumers
- Think about how consumers can share their positive experience with others
- Use prototypes as your primary method for communicating ideas both internally and externally
- Understand how different prototypes should be used for different purposes (low fidelity vs. high fidelity)
- Be proficient with the latest prototyping tools
- Constantly refine and validate by adding testing to your weekly schedule, not just when your porotypes are ready
- Be able to test the value of broader ideas and concepts in addition to usability
- Be able to question testing participants appropriately, in a non-leading way
- Effectively communicate results and insights to the product team and stakeholders
Interaction and Visual Design
- Demonstrate high level visual and interaction design prowess
- Create production-ready assets and a look consistent with our tone of voice while pleasing our users
Who are we looking for:
- Excellent visual design, typography, layout, and colour sensibilities and skills
- Experience collaborating with a multidisciplinary UX Guild team (visual, interaction, UX research)
- Expert proficiency with Sketch and other design tools like Illustrator, Photoshop, Invision, Zeplin, Principle etc.
- You have a user-first-centric design mentality: You aim at improving your work constantly by feedback from peers and users.
- Experience collaborating closely with a variety of multiple UX disciplines (concept, research, copy, prototyping, visuals, design thinking, design sprints)
- You’ve created many consumer products shaped by business constraints and User Centered Design
- Experience working closely with research, engineers and product management
- Highly organised and efficient working with multiple projects to meet tight deadlines
- Basic understanding of technical requirements
- Ability to anticipate issues at a macro and micro level concurrently
- You’re able to set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts to make business strategy come to life
- You’re conducting hands-on user research or provide iterative versions for A/B tests.
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen and café serving the best coffee in Berlin!
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24