We are looking for an Account Management Lead who will lead a team of in-country account managers. The account management lead is technical and business savvy, collaborative, and truly excited about building great products to lead Oradian cloud-based offerings. The successful applicant will report to Head of Customer Success and will help grow and manage a small team of account managers responsible for 15 – 20 microfinance institutions and banks.
Account Managers and the Account Management Lead will have a good grasp of the way in which microfinance institutions make money and how they are run, as well as the services which are offered, and the potential to improve on these services and products to drive efficiencies.
Ultimately, the successful Account Management Lead will collaborate with our sales team to achieve quotas while keeping our clients satisfied and engaged with our products and services in the long-run.
Oradian provides cloud-based tools for financial inclusion to financial institutions in Africa and Southeast Asia. We are poised to scale operations in the six countries we currently work in while entering new markets.
Applicants must have a solid understanding of SaaS businesses and microfinance. Applicants must have experience working hands-on with customers in different markets, jurisdictions and cultures, and effectively managing teams in a dynamic environment. This position requires up to 25% travel to customer and Oradian locations worldwide.
- Ensuring that the Oradian product suite is being used to its full potential, and that this is enabling each institution to grow as fast as possible
- Liaison with executive and non-executive institution stakeholders to help the institution move forward
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting relationships with the microfinance institutions
- Renewals and renegotiations of the contract, with emphasis on promoting the additional services and products as they become available, either within the Oradian suite of products, or as ‘add-on’ 3rd party services and benefits
- Closing the feedback loop on new features and products as they become available
- Escalation of any operational or user issues that the institution is experiencing to ensure that these are addressed
- Cross-functional liaising with the Oradian Product Team, Best Practices and Sales team
- Preparation of sales reports
- Identifying new business opportunities
Qualifications and experience
- 5-10 years of experience in at least one (preferably both) of:
o Early stage SaaS businesses
o Microfinance and financial inclusion
- 5 years of account management experience
- BS degree in an applicable field required. Master’s preferred
- An exceptional track record of working with customers and liaising with technical teams
- Excellent written and verbal technical and personal communication skills in English
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
- Experience with product management on SaaS products is a plus
- Experience in banking, fintech or financial inclusion is a plus
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Solid experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Zoho CRM or HubSpot) and MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field
- Efficiency with automatic, simplified administration
- Informed decision-making with real-time data and reporting
- Growth to reach more clients without incremental costs