We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our growing Product Team. You will work alongside other Business and Product Analysts, reporting to the Product Team Lead. Your main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analyses, documenting processes and liaising with the QA analysts, within an Agile environment. You will be well versed in documenting requirements, you’ll be technical and business savvy, collaborative, and truly excited about the Oradian cloud-based offerings. To succeed in this role you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
Oradian provides cloud-based tools for financial inclusion to financial institutions in Africa and Southeast Asia. We are poised to scale operations in the six countries we currently work in while entering new markets.
Applicants must have a solid understanding of SaaS businesses and microfinance. Applicants must have experience working hands-on with customers in different markets, jurisdictions and cultures, and effectively managing teams in a dynamic environment. This position requires up to 25% travel to customer and Oradian locations worldwide.
- Gather functional requirements directly from our customers or through our sales, implementation, customer success and support teams
- Conduct in-depth analysis of our customers’ business processes based on feature requests
- Perform requirements analyses
- Map business processes and functional requirements in a detailed manner and put them in context of other operational processes
- Prepare process diagrams and explanations for our product owners
- Effectively communicating your insights, plans to Product, Development QA team members and management
Qualifications and experience
- 3 years of experience in business analysis
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- BS degree in an applicable field required – Master’s preferred
- Experience of creating wireframes and prototypes preferred
- An exceptional track record of working alongside product and engineering teams to prioritize and execute on plans
- Excellent written and verbal technical and personal communication skills in English
- Experience with SaaS products is a plus
- Experience in banking, fintech or financial inclusion is a plus
- Strong quantitative and business analysis skills with track record of making excellent decisions resulting in short and long term positive impact
- Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives while keeping the “big picture” in focus
- Proven ability to work effectively with both local and remote teams
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to properly translate and articulate positioning, technology and strategy
Oradian is a financial inclusion company serving financial institutions in remote, hard-to-reach communities. Using insights from our community of customers, we build a cloud-based toolset that smart financial institutions plug into to access best practice and efficiency. With Oradian, financial institutions are able to boost global financial inclusion by growing and serving more clients.
Oradian’s toolset – and why it’s disruptive
We provide access to our toolset on a subscription basis, based on the number of clients the financial institution serves. Oradian’s subscription model makes it possible for financial institutions of all sizes to access leading technology.
With Oradian’s toolset financial institutions are enabled to drive financial inclusion through:
- Efficiency with automatic, simplified administration
- Informed decision-making with real-time data and reporting
- Growth to reach more clients without incremental costs
By delivering three main business benefits, Oradian delivers the opportunity for financial institutions to know and control their portfolios.
Oradian’s global community
Our global community of financial institutions is made up of over 65 visionary customers – rural banks, MFBs, MFIs, Saccos and Cooperative Societies – from nine countries: Brunei, Ghana, Guinea, Liberia, Malawi, Myanmar, Nigeria, the Philippines and Zimbabwe.
Together, our customers provide access to digital financial services for over two million clients in remote, hard-to-reach parts of the world. We are poised to scale operations and increase sales throughout West Africa, East Africa and Southeast Asia.
Oradian is headquartered in Zagreb, Croatia with offices in Lagos, Nigeria and Manila, Philippines. We are a fast-growing team of talented and committed experts in technology and microfinance. We work in an open, collaborative culture. We have over 100 team members from more than 20 countries.