Goldstar.com is looking for a Product Manager with design skills or a background in design to join our Portland, OR based Product and Development team.
Great PMs are in high demand. You don’t need us to tell you that. What we can tell you, though, is what sets us apart from the others: We’re not a start-up, but we’re still entrepreneurial. We’re an established leader, but still scrappy and innovating. We’re profitable—not waiting to hit some mythical milestone to get another round of funding. And with 150+ employees, we’re not-too-big yet not-too-small … and still growing.
Our product managers work cross functionally with the rest of our ~40 person product and dev team to design our web, iOS, and Android applications. We are specifically looking for a product manager with a a strong design and creative background (while not ignoring all the other skills that make a PM great) to work collaboratively to envision break-through user experiences using design thinking, prototyping, and user research and testing.
You will be responsible for leading and setting the direction of the opportunities your team will work work on. You’ll work collaboratively with the rest of the team to build a world-class user experience. You will not be a glorified project manager or scrum master, instead you will be provided ample time and resources to conceptualize and build all new user experiences across all platforms and you will be responsible for leading a team to do that. You’ll be helping millions of people go out more and experience their community and you’ll be helping out thousands of artists, theaters, musicians, and comedians by helping to build their audience. It’s rewarding and just plain fun to work on something people love so much.
- So called “T” shaped skillet with breadth in all aspects of creating technology and depth in design and product management
- Experience with design thinking, design sprints, and conceptualizing new product experiences
- Technical capabilities and experience building web and mobile applications
- Experience bringing new products to market and developing go-to-market plans
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
- Greater than 10 years of professional experience building things on the internet
- A portfolio of products, apps, designs, etc. that you have built either as a PM or a designer
- Proficient with industry-standard design, prototyping, and user-testing tools (such as Sketch, Framer, and Usertesting.com)
- Experience working collaboratively with development, product, marketing, and content teams
- Commitment to improving processes and methods
- Experience leading design sprints, user story mapping workshops, and/or other collaborative design process