Salary – Competitive.
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and independent advisory services to the global commercial real estate industry. Our businesses, Altus Analytics and Altus Expert Services, empower clients to analyse, gain market insight and recognise value on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,300 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe andAsia Pacific.
Altus Analytics, the software and data solutions division of Altus Group, is driving an evolution in the commercial real estate industry by empowering clients and partners with industry standard software solutions, data products and technology enabled services.
Working in partnership with the Executive Vice President, R&D, we are looking for an experienced leader of people, practice and design, the first organization-wide Design Practice Lead. This is an opportunity for a UI/UX Design Practice Lead to step into a scaling, global company and spearhead an evolution, a change in the way we think about and approach design. Someone who is passionate about creating, aligning and delivering an intuitive and engaging user experience across multiple industry-leading products.
Who you are
You are an experienced UI/UX Design Practice Lead who has played a critical role introducing an organization-wide priority on design. A developer or designer at heart, you want to stay hands-on, continuing to expand your skills in modern, cutting-edge and engaging design from product conception to product delivery. A driven leader, you want to take charge of an organization-wide evolution that prioritizes design – you want a seat at the table and to have your voice heard. You strive towards achieving a trifecta of perfection – creating and executing a design practice strategy; leading a team and an organization on a path of modern design; and, balancing business demands with public consumability.
What’s in it for you
- Impact. We are transitioning to the cloud and a web-based platform approach across all of the Altus products. This is a key transformation for us and you will be a vital player emphasizing – and introducing – the requirement for a design strategy.
- Recognition. From day one, you will have the positioning and the support you need to bring about a cultural change in the way we approach design, playing a front and centre role with an Executive Vice President championing your cause.
Here’s what our UI/UX Design Practice Lead will focus on:
- Design practice strategy management. You will build, manage and oversee the execution of an organization-wide UI and UX design practice to enhance and maintain a modern, engaging and consistent look and feel across all Altus products. You will:
- Define, build and communicate the rollout of new Altus design standards, guides and tools drawing on best UX practices, the latest industry-standard UI patterns and components.
- Create a set of KPIs to measure the success of your approach that supports the corporate and product level strategies and specific use cases based on product requirements.
- Be accountable for the execution of the strategy by the team. You will be the single point of contact across internal teams and ensuring properly prototyping and wireframing of consumable pieces for the teams.
- People management. You will recruit, develop and manage careers of design team members in London, Toronto and Houston. You will introduce processes and structures that create efficiencies in the way the design team works amongst themselves and across the organization. You will create and nurture a culture of collaboration.
- Customer experience. You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders, gathering and interpreting feedback, weighing experience against usability principles and proactively resolving design issues prior to development. You will confirm product development has adopted your design strategy and ensure we are iterating with the BAs. You will evaluate usability by analysing, critically evaluating data from current and previous user research in ways that can be used to drive design e.g. personas, user stories, user journey maps.
How do we know that’s you? You have:
- The leadership experience. You bring experience in combined project, talent and client relationship management. You can expertly build-out a user experience design culture to increase our success. You are an advocate for your team and the individuals within it. You are an entrepreneur who can leverage existing resources and capabilities in new and unique ways to achieve success.
- The award winning user interface building experience. You have expertise making data-drive design decisions. You have hands-on experience working on UI and UX design in a product development environment, driving the process and the decisions. A related degree would definitely be a bonus. You have a broad understanding of a range of tools and technologies and you want to continue to stay hands-on.
- The communication skills. Outstanding ability to relay information orally or in writing. You can speak to any level of internal or external client. You are comfortable making formal and informal presentations that bring together strategy and high level concepts. Your written work from process documentation to project communications is impressive. Your project updates – written and oral – are clear and concise.
- The relationship management finesse. The ability to develop relationships and be viewed as a trusted advisor who can proactively manage sponsor and stakeholders’ expectations, motivate and encourage issue resolution and encourage cooperation among teams with conflicting goals and objectives.
- The mindset. Well-developed and proven analytical, problem solving and decision making skills. The ability to think creatively about design solutions and strategy and to encourage others to do the same.
- The flexibility. Willing and able to travel – on a global level – less than 10% of the time.
Altus Analytics is:
- Fast. We are responsive and fast, working in a startup-like environment, developing new solutions and features that meet the demands of our users. With the solid financial stability of our bigger parent-group, we can offer the best of both worlds – cool tech, great benefits, challenges and rewards.
- First. We continuously innovate to stay ahead of our competitors. We set the standard for the CRE industry.
- Fun. From social Fridays to summer sailing; from holiday parties to mid-winter hackathons, we know how to take a step back and relax with co-workers.
- Future-focused. As an organisation, we are focused on growing our reach and our product offering. For anyone joining us, this means the chance to work on critical projects that will shape the success of our clients and grow your own career moving up to the next level, choosing to specialise or exploring different product teams.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what’s new by following us on LinkedIn.
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.