Founded in 2014, Permutive is the data platform for today’s real-time world. We enable enterprise companies to customize user experience in real-time, on every device across every channel.
Our first application has been within the world of Publishing, where we’ve built the world’s first real-time Data Management Platform with our technology powering some of Europe’s largest publishers like the Independent and Trinity Mirror through to BBC Good Food.
With a small, ambitious team, we’ve been able to achieve incredible things: last year we grew revenue 10x and built a platform which is delivering order of magnitude improvements over our billion dollar competitors.
We raised $10M in January and are backed by some of the best investors and entrepreneurs in the world, including Y Combinator, EQT Ventures and Octopus Investments.
About the role, and what you’ll be doing
We are looking for someone humble, fiercely intelligent and with a strong track record of building deeply technical products to be our first product hire in the business, joining our team of 20 strong in London. A big goal of this role will be to act as an extension of our Founders, Joe & Tim, and bring product and engineering closer to the customer.
This role will hold accountability over three areas:
- Ownership of the product roadmap
- Revenue for the publishing vertical
- Customer health & ROI
You will spend most of your time on:
- Operational processes – we are looking for a process-driven expert to come in and instil a strong product culture throughout the organisation
- UI / dashboarding – ensure we a have best-in-class user interface and dashboard for our customers
- Customer development – meet with our customers, gather requirements to prioritise feature requests and ensure we are staying close to their needs, this is a client facing role
- Growing the market size – it’s important you bring commercial gravitas to this role to ensure continuous growth of the platform
What we’re looking for in our Product Manager
- Product experience – you’ve likely been a Head of Product or Senior Product Manager that has come from a development background, with war stories to tell about the products you’ve shipped
- Leadership – you’ve managed a high-performing team and know what it takes to bring people together to achieve great results
- Computer Science degree – while this isn’t a prerequisite, our product is deeply technical and requires core CS knowledge
- Be great to work with – traits we highly value are humility, high emotional intelligence, being constantly curious and being a committed team player
- Competitive pay targeted towards the top 25th percentile
- Unlimited holiday policy
- Option grant for shared ownership in the business
- Pension scheme
- Weekly team lunches and quarterly all-day socials
Note: We believe unconscious biases result in pay gaps. To avoid this, we run a compensation calculator which will calculate your salary and is driven by your experience. We always aim to pay around the top 25th percentile and this is benchmarked against industry data from Option Impact. We review our numbers every 12 months.