Virtru is a data security company that eliminates the tradeoff between data protection and ease of use. More than 8,000 organizations trust the Virtru Data Protection platform to easily protect and control sensitive information regardless of where it’s been created, stored or shared.
Commonly deployed as part of a cloud migration, Virtru seamlessly integrates into platforms like Microsoft Office 365, Google G Suite, and other SaaS applications to make it easy to create and consume protected content. Virtru is Google’s only recommended partner for encryption and data protection and was recently selected by Microsoft as one of only 11 companies for its prestigious Accelerator program for high growth partners.
Virtru is privately held with investments from ICONIQ, Bessemer Venture Partners, New Enterprise Associates, Samsung, the Soros Fund, and others.
Read the full Virtru story featured in Fortune.
About the Role
As Virtru continues to grow rapidly worldwide, we are seeking a Product Manager.
You might be perfect for this job if:
You’re a generalist with a sweet spot.
While there is one thing you are particularly good at, you can jump in anywhere in the UX stack and enjoy the variety and challenges of small teams focused on shipping.
You value craftsmanship.
You obsess over detail and polish. You have a depth of knowledge in various interaction paradigms along with thoughts on how to improve them. You’re an experience whisperer, and you can distill complicated problems into simple and elegant solutions.
You’ve shipped product.
You’ve weathered release cycles and know what details matter at each stage, how to motivate engineers to get the fit and finish right, how to obtain and translate insights from user studies into meaningful action, and what’s most likely to go afoul at each stage. You understand how to get alignment on solutions you feel passionate about. You can share several shining examples of real work you’ve shipped, and what you learned along the way.
You think beyond the ‘how’ and help to define the ‘what.’
You lead the product design process for your team — from problem definition to technical execution. You thrive best when helping to define the requirements, not just translating them into designs. You draw out and welcome ideas from anyone on your team, including (but not limited to) engineering, marketing, sales, and support folks.
You can think and talk about the bottom line.
Looking through pages of metrics and analytics don’t scare you and you know which features can act as force multipliers on your company’s business model.
You thrive in user validation
You know when and how to get effective user validation through prototypes (low or high fidelity), user testing, user research, or diving into metrics.
You are a cross-platform zen master.
You live somewhere between screen sizes and operating systems. You know what translates between them, how to translate, and why one solution works better for A but not B.
You think in systems
You know that one component, color, typographic element doesn’t just exist in one place. It must work in different contexts and different screens. You not only deal with solutions for the here and now, but think about how that might affect the larger whole and future issues.
- Management of the full SaaS delivery lifecycle
- Management of the technical email product and release phases
- Defining and measuring product release health and success
- Defining and measuring customer engagement and release health/success.
- Directly responsible for performing win/loss interviews, customer discovery calls, email security market analysis
- Market, customer, and competitive analysis, feature requirements development, business case, collateral, and product positioning
- Deriving the requirements of when a feature can leave research and move to development, translating those requirements to repeatable efficacy tests, and integrating those tests into the quality assurance program
- Capacity and care to coordinate with development as well as support sales
- Customer meetings, conference talks, and other outward discussions about the unique problems we solve
- Feature prioritization and roadmap management
- Product ownership within scrum teams
- Minimum 3-5 years in product management
- Successfully built and shipped a SaaS product
- Preferably a file/email security centric product/service
- Experience with enterprise file protection, file storage, and file workflow solutions
- Experience with email collaboration platforms(O365, G-Suite, MS Exchange) and enteprise email topologies
- Familiarity with Scrum and Kanban methodologies
- Email and Security background
- Experience with the email security market
- Experience building and/or gathering requirements for email security, email encryption, and email delivery products(preferably SaaS)
- Strong desire to build world-class technology and take ownership of the full product life cycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS or MS in computer science or another related field
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time