ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Retail Operations
Reports to: VP Retail Operations
Team Size: 10
Recruiter Name, E-mail: Danae Metsika, email@example.com
In this role, you will build the next generation of our inventory management systems enabling our 200+ colleagues in merchandising to make the best possible decisions for Zalando.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Reimagining how inventory management should be done in a fast-paced fashion ecommerce setting
- Using state-of-the-art technology to deliver business impact, cutting out the noise and at focussing on what really matters.
- Coming up with the right questions and for using large amounts of data to derive your insights
- Relentless in your pursuit to make the lives of your users better. Along with UX and engineering, you will understand their problems and take them along the journey into the future
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong command of agile product management and inventory management
- Business and e-commerce savvy
- Strong academic track record (MSc or PhD preferred) in computer science, mathematics, operations research or a related discipline
- Outstanding verbal communication, you are used to putting down your thoughts on paper (e.g. vision documents, concise decision documents) and know when to use a whiteboard to bring your points across
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.