UpStack is transforming the way businesses buy and sell data center and network solutions. We create beautiful, practical, and efficient software products and are committed to delivering transparency and simplicity to the IT industry.
We are looking for teammates who will thrive in the dynamic environment of a start-up and who are excited to join a company where they will make an immediate impact and set the tone for future growth.
Required Skills & Experience:
Has 2-5 years of experience directing and managing the development of SaaS products through an agile process. Experience in rapid scaling and a track record of building successful products within a capital-conscious environment are both pluses.
Passion For Design and Customer Experience
Loves delivering simple solutions to complex problems and finds joy in the success of great products, both within and outside of the organization. Believes in the impact of good design.
Engineering & Technical Strength
Has hands-on development experience and can work with our team of full-stack engineers to streamline decision making and feedback within the development process and help institute industry best-practices. Is a believer in TDD and a problem-solver at heart. Can ensure execution and meet deliverables.
Communication & Collaboration
Understands the importance of clear communication across cross-functional teams (UX/UI, Customer Success, Marketing, Sales, & Engineering) and can represent customer needs within the organization while bringing an engineering mindset to solving product design problems. Able to grow into a key role in the company – contributing to product strategy decisions and driving product features seamlessly through the process of design and development.
Can lead and motivate a team, facilitate meetings (both face-to-face and remote), understand the implications of prioritization when making quick decisions, author and breakdown stories & use cases with engineers, and pay close attention to detail when reviewing work.
What You’ll Do
- Be responsible for managing multiple varied ongoing projects at a time
- Own and communicate the short, medium and long term release plan for customer products
- Own the backlog and prioritize development of features to deliver the most valuable features within the project time frame
- Communicate with key stakeholders to understand market opportunities and write user stories to define product requirements to ensure the right focus of the team
- Communicate product requirements and priorities between designers, engineering team and key stakeholders
- Work with onsite and offshore development teams to scope, estimate, prioritize and deliver results
- Communicate project status and deliverable time frames to key stakeholders
- Monitor, measure and evaluate success of projects and iterate as needed
- Lead daily standups, weekly planning meetings and kickoff meetings
- Create and develop metrics (data) to evaluate the usage and success of the products for which you’re accountable
- Assist with code reviews on projects
- Share industry best practices with the team and with customers to drive results
- Be part of a diverse team that looks to learn something from each other everyday
UpStack believes strongly in a workplace free from discrimination and seeks to build and cultivate a team that benefits from its diversity of experience, perspective, and background.