Maintains and manages product roadmap for own area. Solicits and digests internal and external customer feedback. Defines product requirements based on customer needs. Writes exceptional product/feature stories, and knows how to break them down into digestible, releasable and easy to understand yet precise format. Monitors market for emerging trends and competitive positioning. Uses constructive thinking to recognize trends, and utilizes innovative thinking to creatively solve customer challenges.
- Quickly learns the payroll business while on the lookout for competitive activity.
- Suggests and develops enhancements to existing products based on all-around input.
- Manages the development and rollout planning of product enhancements.
- Monitors product quality and service satisfaction.
- Contributing, coordinating and reviewing product management related activities on a holistic level. This would include company projects, marketing initiatives, sales, customer service and business as usual activities for the assigned product line.
- Ensures that the product is valuable, usable and feasible.
- Ruthless prioritizer.
- Creates cross-functional buy-in in conjunction with other departments and internal business partners.
- Develops tactics for approved initiatives to enhance current products and introduce new features based on valid and required success metrics, personas and use cases.
- Bachelor’s degree required, but could be optional with extensive product / payroll industry experience.
- 1-2 years of product management experience in a software company.
- Demonstrates analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Mid to advanced excel user. Knows how to find patterns in data as well as effectively and graphically present data findings.
- Power Point buff who knows how to tailor his communication to intended audience – effective presenter.
- Excellent collaborator and cross-functional influencer who promotes information sharing, clarity and transparency. Strong verbal communicator with great listening skills.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Proactively approaches responsibilities and manages own time.
- Familiar with agile product development methodology.
- Familiar with software / internet / technology.
- Familiar with A/B testing and statistical significance – not required.