Starling is completely different kind of bank. We’re a bank that helps you manage your money, all from one app. In 2016 we announced our latest funding round of US$70m and were approved as a bank by the regulator, we launched in the app stores in May 2017. Less than a year later, we were voted Best British Bank at the Smart Money People Awards. We’re a bank for the 21st century, built from scratch for today’s fast-paced world; we are breaking ground, not catching up. Together, we are making banking better for everyone.
To support our growth we are looking for a proven product manager who has shown specialism in consumer facing web and mobile products with experience working in an early stage business, start-up environment or agency environment. You’ll be embedded in a cross-functional team of product managers, UX/UI designers and engineering and you’ll liaise with teams throughout Starling to develop our product features.
- Know our customers and their problems and identify opportunities to improve their experience using Starling.
- Track and analyze the performance of our mobile apps and incorporate key learnings into your product optimisation strategies.
- Think about the data. Define KPIs for your customer segment, analyse the impact of product features and provide insightful recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with experience design and customer mobile teams in the development of product features to drive adoption, and develop strategies to maximise product engagement.
- Manage the product backlog, clearly articulating and agreeing the user stories and acceptance criteria and prioritising to ultimately help deliver the overall product vision.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams throughout Starling to ensure the successful implementation of product features and associated processes.
- Be a partner of the product marketing team developing feature propositions, helping to shape the voice of the product and reach the right market to grow a loyal customer base.
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing products in high growth environments, in Consumer Goods, Technology, Fintech start-ups or agencies.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
Great if these also apply:
- Proactive with the ability to use your initiative, provide innovative thinking and ideas, and function effectively in highly dynamic and unstructured environment.
- Management of teams to achieve shared growth goals and targets.
- Interest in, and passion for, technology and customer experience.
- Ability to translate the benefits of the product into simple and intuitive propositions that demonstrate customer value
- An analytical approach with the ability to identify actionable insights to optimise product performance to achieve our growth objective.
- Excellent organisational, analytical and written/verbal communication skills.