OnPeak, a GES network company*,( https://www.onpeak.com/) is the leading hotel booking solution for the events industry. For more than 30 years, onPeak has been the leading provider of accommodations in the ever-evolving events industry. onPeak is the undisputed leader in event hotel accommodations for the top 250 tradeshows, conventions and meetings in the United States. We’re like Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline but better.
Join a team that creates incredible experiences around the world, with offices in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany and the United Arab Emirates, Global Experience Specialist Inc. (GES)* creates exciting events and brand experiences around the world.
We’re growing and looking for a smart, savvy, funny, passionate and detailed-oriented full-time Product Manager (PM) in our Chicago office. The PM’s core responsibility is to guide the success of onPeak’s portfolio of award winning software products.
The PM works closely with internal teams (technology, operations and marketing) as well as external stakeholders (clients, vendors and partners) to drive growth, customer satisfaction, business insights and experiential excellence. The PM reports to the Director of Product Development.
Learn more about us and how we provide amazing employee experiences at: https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-onPeak-EI_IE568667.11,17.htm
- Collaborate with User Experience, Development and QA teams as well as end users to identify product requirements that achieve business objectives, using wireframes and written specifications when necessary. Work closely with internal teams to achieve realistic (yet challenging) deadlines for implementation of these objectives.
- Facilitate transition of feature requirements to development and monitor the status of development projects supporting new products/features through release
- Gather, analyze and advocate for changes based on end-user feedback, product usage data and performance (via testing, Google Analytics, data warehouse, etc.) Someone who likes taking things apart to see how they work will be happy in this role.
- Assist in the maintenance of industry competitive analysis. Seek to identify market opportunities and trends.
- Participate in client conversations as needed (client webinars, implementation discussions, etc.)
- Serve as product liaison to internal development team and outside vendors on strategic technical and infrastructure projects as they relate to onPeak’s software products.
- Alongside the Director of Product Development, collaborate with internal teams to manage stakeholder expectations and maintain integrity of product roadmap.
- Awesome communication skills – both written and verbal. You correct autocorrect and consciously avoid saying “umm…” when you talk.
- 2+ years experience in a technical, analytical or digital capacity. (Prior product management experience preferred)
- Enjoy meeting new people, even grumpy people, and understanding what makes them tick.
- Ability to translate customer/user needs into business objectives and product requirements
- Solid project management skills – you eat tasks and drink deadlines.
- Team first. Always.
- Obsession with making things work better
- Tech savviness, enthusiasm to learn and willingness to take risks.
Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining onPeak are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
- Competitive salaries
- 401K with company match
- Performance Bonus
- Healthcare/vision/dental insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Career development program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee assistance program
- Vacation time
- Community involvement opportunities
- Team activities
- Charitable Gift Matching
And much more……