We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our small, dynamic and dedicated team to build technology that brings people together.
Local Welcome is a new charity making it easy for people who are different from each other to connect in a divided world.
Our current focus is on bringing together refugees with local people in their community to cook and eat a meal.
“I’ve been here for two years and this was the first time I forgot I was a refugee.” — Ayham, Acton
After three years of iteratively designing and testing our events, we have run hundreds of meals in over a dozen cities. We’re now ready to start digitally scaling our operation to thousands of meals across the country and world. We’re looking to build a digital team to help us do this.
About the role
We’re using a mixture of off-the-shelf products such as Squarespace, G Suite, Whatsapp and Typeform to run events. We are looking for someone to run a small digital team to build new digital products to run our events and grow a membership organisation.
We’re currently grant funded, but have an ambitious plan to be member funded over the next 18 months, and will need software written to help us achieve this.
You’ll be the Product Manager in a small team of a Technical Lead, Interaction Designer, Delivery Manager and yourself.
The role will initially be a 4 day/week contract for 6 months starting in September 2018 with potential for a full time position in the future. Our office is in Oval, London.
- Have at least three years’ experience of product management
- Have experience in building and running an agile digital team
- Be able to manage a budget
- Have experience with qualitative and quantitative user research
- Be eager to be involved in user research around the UK including with vulnerable adults, such as refugees, elderly people, veterans and prison leavers.
- Enjoy collaborating and contributing within an energetic team environment.
- Be eager to build technology with a social mission.
- Subscribe to our values which are:
- Build open, honest and diverse relationships
- Deliver joy through service
- Think big and act long term
- Be creative and take risks
- Grown and learn
- Have compassion and fun
- Build diverse supportive team
- Eat together
- Tell the truth
- Be humble