Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices – then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
The Digital Experience (DX) team is Sabre’s full-service digital agency that combines travel industry expertise with design, technology, and innovation to acquire customers and optimize conversion on digital platforms such as web, mobile, social, and chat. The digital acquisition team within DX helps hotels engage on advertising platforms such as Google, Bing, and TripAdvisor. The custom development team within DX is focused on creating custom website and booking engines at the intersection of high design and high conversion. The DX product team creates and maintains products related to customer acquisition and web site creation and hosting that ultimately drive traveler engagement and business for our customers.
The Right Person
This position is suited for a highly motivated and energetic individual with great communication skills. If you have a desire to work on the development of products, collaborate with a team of highly talented individuals, and work with customers to make their businesses successful, this may be the job for you.
- Work closely with the Director of Product and Solutions Management to create and execute product strategy
- Identify emerging technology and business issues that present opportunities or threats to the company
- Collaborate with stakeholders and/or customers to shape the strategy, creation, and execution of products
- Work with the design and development teams to bring the products to life
- In collaboration with design, engineering and project management leadership, recommend allocation of resources given knowledge of priorities, capacity and requirements
- Actively monitor progress and elevate opportunities and risks for broader decision making
- Communicate across teams and regions to ensure efficient coordination and smooth execution
- Provide training and resources to the solutions, marketing, sales, and account teams to enable them to sell and support the entire product portfolio
- Ensure coherent and accurate internal documentation of project plan with dependencies, roadmap, features and backlog
- Perform all tasks necessary to ensure the smooth execution of product management inside the DX organization
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Technology, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Product Management: Minimum of 2-4 years of product management experience in a startup or enterprise environment. Prior experience in the travel or B2B software industries a plus.
- Product Life Cycle: Full understanding of the phases of product life cycle, including engineering specifications, customer requirements gathering, software design and development, testing – including unit, functional, systems and integration, implementation/delivery and maintenance. Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent software solutions.
- Communication: Excellent analytical skills, is a strong negotiator and facilitator, and has excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills. Must be able to interface appropriately at all levels (i.e. engineers, management, executives, customers).
- Problem Solving: Fast learner; able to pick up new ideas and approaches quickly; enjoys problem solving with a strong focus on teamwork. Positive attitude, with a focus on solutions that work for all parties.
- Financial Proficiency: Ability to understand monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial performance, and translate to product and sales implications
- Technical Proficiency: Microsoft office required. PowerPoint, Salesforce, and basic design experience a plus.
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre’s Employee Relations Department at email@example.com
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW