Want to help us change the way the world moves money?
We build high tech services that allow people to send and receive money easily. Our customers are mostly migrants, sending money home to their families and friends in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Today only 5% of the remittance market is online – with a large proportion of the industry operating through informal untracked networks. Yet online is predicted to grow to 60% in the next 5-6 years and WorldRemit is driving that shift.
By reducing costs and freeing up time we enable people to make the most of the opportunities that their new life abroad provides and help to release the billions of dollars lost in transferring money to the developing world. This money goes directly to those who need it.
Why do we care about money transfers so much?
Most of our customers are first or second generation migrants. They may be living and working far from their home but still manage to send money back to support their loved ones.
Large international wire transfer companies and banks have been taking advantage of people like this by charging preposterous fees and unfair rates.
With the World Bank estimating $575 billion annually flowing into developing countries – transforming the remittance industry could have a greater impact on international development than every single government aid program combined.
WorldRemit is using innovative technology and growing it’s a global network to make transferring money easier, fairer and more affordable.
How are we doing so far?
– A family of 450+ employees across offices in London, Denver, Sydney and more
– A Fintech Top 20 company
– Sending almost 10,000,000 remittances annually (and growing)
– Raised $230 million in funding
– Funded by VCs behind companies such as Airbnb, Spotify, Netflix and Facebook.
– Covering 140+ countries across the globe
About the role
Reporting to the VP of Product, the Correspondent Integrations Product Owner will manage the portfolio of methods that our customers can select regarding how their recipient receives their funds. This is a vital and dynamic part of the business which has seen industry-defining changes in the last few years; for instance, WorldRemit now accounts for over two-thirds of global Money Transfer Operator-originated remittances to emerging-market Mobile Money Wallets.
The role is primarily focussed on delivering the best payout options per ‘receive’ market (eg. bank account, mobile money, collect funds as cash, etc), as well as exploring options to enhance the customer experience and grow the range of payout options where commercial developments indicate major consumer demand. The role is a key driver for accelerated company growth and success, with strong links with the Business Development and Operations teams.
- Lead the WorldRemit Correspondent Integrations Product strategy, defining and then delivering a roadmap for sustained impact and growth
- Own the portfolio of pay-out options: cash pickup, airtime, mobile money, bank deposit, door to door, and send to a card – looking for ways to selectively expand the range of new payout methods
- Critique and then deliver alongside engineering additional features that would improve the sender and beneficiary experience
- Define business problems, functional requirements, test criteria, and measure the resultant impact
- Support best-practice Agile practices amongst the team
- Work alongside a team of c.8 developers, a scrum master, an Engineering team lead, plus stakeholders primarily drawn from the Operations and Business Development teams
- Work with other Product Owners and engineering teams
- Liaise with colleagues and correspondent partners from markets as diverse as Nigeria to the Philippines to help define requirements
And some things we’d need to see from you….
- Product Owner experience, comfortable working with back-end orientated components of our transaction platform
- Experience working hands on with an agile development team
- Experience creating a roadmap, writing tight user stories, and prioritising a backlog using a workflow management tool (Jira, TFS, etc)
- Those familiar with emerging market payment systems or international remittances with technical solutions solving for customer needs would be at an advantage
- An ability to quickly understand unfamiliar technical concepts or architecture
- Delivering great product isn’t easy – a good attitude will help, as well as an articulate voice to explain challenges and outline options
- A collaborator – you’ll be working very closely with your Engineering lead, plus the team of developers, as well as work with and deliver for stakeholders
- A highly analytical approach; you know which metrics to focus on and can reach conclusions from analysing quantitative and qualitative data
- Knowledge of SQL and Tableau would help