Job: Director of Product Design
Come join us at Validately, a fast growing technology company, in New York City.
What we are looking for
A generalist, experienced design leader looking to help a growth company design the future of user research and team collaboration. Someone looking to help lead a product team to help solve the problems of designers, researchers, and product managers. A ‘self-starter’ who works well in a fast-paced work environment that fosters great personal autonomy.
Who we are
Validately’s mission is to help teams build products that customers love. We believe that we are changing the world by improving the experience people have with the products they use so much. We do this by living and breath research.
Validately is a growth stage company, that just tripled revenue and is also cash flow positive! Our current customer list includes: Google, Microsoft, Allstate and many other great companies. We are led by two multiple time successful entrepreneurs along with a world class team.
Detailed position description
- Own all of Design for Validately, from sketching to final design, design system, etc.
- Deliver on KPIs and other metrics through data- and customer research–driven design strategies
- Partner with head of product, in strategy, discovery through final deployment
- You will be a player/coach. Strategy and execution.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to define
- You will help validate all the things!
- 3-5 years in a product design role
- Experience as a product owner or product manager role
- A high level of intellectual curiosity and deep passion for research
- Emotional intelligence and the ability to truly empathize what each individual on your team needs to thrive and feel fulfilled
- An inspiring portfolio of mobile and web-based projects that highlights your approach to problem solving as well as the solutions themselves
- Strong interaction design, visual design, prototyping skills, and the ability to help shape product strategy
- Human-centric, metrics-conscientious approach to designing products
- Demonstrates a strong sense of ownership and thought-leadership
- A very high level of intellectual curiosity
- What will you do week 1?
- Listen to our customers
- Deeply understand the business
- Help solve a problem collaboratively with Product and Engineering
- Who does this position report to?
- VP Product
- Is this a remote friendly position?
- No. We want this person in our New York City Headquarters, near Bryant Park.