Ometria’s mission is to help retailers create marketing experiences their customers will love. Our core technology is a customer marketing platform that enables retailers to send personalised marketing messages throughout the customer journey, increasing customer loyalty and lifetime value.
Backed by top VC funds across the US, UK and Europe, Ometria is trusted by some of the fastest growing retail brands in the world such as Moss Bros, Crew Clothing, Charlotte Tilbury, Feelunique, LoveCrafts, Made.com, and Graze.com, we are now looking for a Product Manager to find technical, workflow and customer insights that make our product better.
Reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer and working alongside Ometria’s Engineering team, you will manage a product backlog, speak to customers, articulate pain points and own releases to develop the best product for retail marketers.
- Education – master all aspects of the Ometria platform, our market and users. Become an expert in ecommerce marketing and the technologies and trends that will shape it.
- Customer insights – seek out specific prospect/customer feedback and analyse usage data/patterns in order to validate customer requirements and detail user stories.
- Specifications – support engineering in creating effective wireframes and technical specifications to create innovate solutions.
- Project management – following the company’s product development methodology, ensure product features are delivered to agreed timescales and quality standards. Provide daily input and support the engineers in the ongoing development of specced features. Provide regular status updates and act as the central point of contact for the feature for all departments across the business.
- Quality control – perform user acceptance testing of new features and evaluate adoption of existing ones.
- Communication – communicate feature releases / fixes and ensure that the right people receive the right information.
- Experience – at least one year experience as a product owner within a B2B software business.
- Strong communicator – you are able translate requirements into clear user stories and articulate them to engineering and design teams. You are also able to communicate product information to other departments.
- Methodical and organised – you know how to systematically develop a product and can use your project management skills to manage issues and ensure releases are delivered in line with our vision.
- Attention to detail – you leave no stone unturned when it comes to ensuring requirements are well thought out and features satisfy customers.
- Credible and supportive – you are always helpful and providing support, winning the respect of engineering teams through that, as well as the respect of customer and sales teams.
- Passion – you have a genuine passion for building simple, usable products that deliver value to our customers.