Join our team and experience Workday!
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they’re doing. At Workday, we’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
We’re looking for a Director of Product Management to join Workday’s Payroll Product Management team.
Reporting to our Senior Director of North American Payroll Products, as a Product Director at Workday you will own product strategy and vision for the US Payroll Product including Payroll Product Compliance. You will also guide and mentor a team of exceptional Product Managers on a variety of areas as we continue to scale. Throughout all of this you will continue to nurture the autonomous environment we have and help the team strive for excellence in delivering superb customer experiences.
- Foster innovation in the customer experience by combining functional and operational knowledge in domains that relate to all aspects of the Payroll journey
- Influence and drive product strategy, design and capability delivery.
- Direct release and resource planning as well as set roadmaps. Work with Managers to track and report progress against key objectives. Balance resources with task assignments. Ensure on-time and high-quality delivery of capabilities.
- Collaborate and Communicate. This is the key to success. Work with the various Payroll teams as well as other teams across Workday to align on priorities. Communicate strategy, roadmap, capabilities, and status to customers, prospects, and partners
- Create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria.
- Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks).
- Define metrics for success and failure and analyze and create dashboards for key metrics.
- Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility, ensuring your program stays aligned with organization objectives.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and support to people leaders and individual contributors. Ensure high productivity of the team members. Provide support for their career growth and personal development.
Experience, Skills & Education:
- BA/BS in a computer science, economics or accounting, or related field
- MBA or Master’s degree
- You have 5+ years experience in product leadership, partnering with engineers and product designers, overseeing a dedicated team and leading product prioritization, the roadmap, and delivery of user-facing functionality
- 5+ years experience in managing people
- Proven track record managing the entire product lifecycle: defining business problems, researching user needs, prototyping and testing new solutions, working with design and engineering teams, and prioritizing an Agile development backlog
- You can apply an uncompromising focus on user-centric design, intellect, data, research, and well-honed judgment to ensure you’re focused on making the biggest difference to our users
- Demonstrated success leveraging both quantitative insights from user data (the ‘what’) and qualitative insights derived from both short user interviews and deep ethnographic research (the ‘why’)
- An inherently collaborative style that enables you to win hearts and minds of your peers to successfully implement a complex product roadmap, with execution often happening across teams
- Excellent communications and influencing skills across all levels of a large organization, as well as with external partners and stakeholders
- You are the sort of personality who thrives in a fast-moving, quickly changing atmosphere. You should jump for joy when people bring you new ideas or data, and love engaging people across the company at all levels with your enthusiasm for making positive change
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate and develop a superior team and establish clear ownership and definition of success.