Join our team and experience Workday!
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they’re doing. At Workday, we’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
We’re looking for a Manager of US Payroll Compliance to join Workday’s Payroll Product Management team. As the Manager for Payroll Compliance you own the strategy for monitoring and maintaining regulatory compliance for the US Payroll products to ensure customers experience the most current, accurate compliance functionality in Workday Payroll. The ideal person for this position should have extensive experience in ongoing US Payroll Regulatory Compliance and has worked with one or more payroll systems, or have background in employment law with experience advising on payroll-related matters . The Product Compliance team also works closely with the Payroll Product Management team to provide subject matter expertise on product design and functionality to ensure Payroll products meet our customer’s compliance needs and expectations.
- Lead a team of research analysts responsible for monitoring and delivering compliance rules and regulations that impact the North American Payroll product.
- Collaborate with product and legal teams to provide guidance on implementation of compliance requirements by conducting impact analysis, providing risk assessments, and aiding in translating rules to technical requirements.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service at all times, including providing external customers proactive communications on impactful regulatory changes, clear and timely responses to customer questions, and delivering consistent quality as it relates to payroll compliance.
- Develop and articulate comprehensive compliance processes to both internal and external customers designed to ensure and provide confidence in the timely and accurate implementation of regulatory changes.
- Review and provide guidance on new features with produce teams to ensure adherence to compliance requirements.
- Prioritize compliance requirements based on customer and business needs.
- Define metrics for a compliance health index and identify mechanisms for tracking and visibility, such dashboards and reports. Provide status updates to executive leadership.
- Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility, ensuring your Compliance program stays aligned with organization objectives.
- Represent the compliance organization to establish relationships with agency and governmental contacts. Act as liaison with relevant industry groups, such as the APA.
- Manage any compliance audit processes by 3rd parties, such as SOC1.
- Create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria.
- Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks).
- Provide coaching, mentoring and support to people leaders and individual contributors to promote productivity of teams, encourage career growth and support personal development.
- 5+ years leading teams that monitor statutory requirements for US payroll solutions (payroll taxes (employee and employer), income withholding orders, minimum wage, etc.).
- Previous experience in similar Payroll Compliance or Legal Business Analyst role, preferred.
- Proven ability to monitor and research legislative and regulatory requirements related to payroll (payroll calculations, payroll tax reporting, income withholding orders, payslips, year end filing, etc.).
- Experience writing requirements for development teams.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills.
- Experience leading teams to collaborate on complex issues.
- Familiarity with employment law research tools.
- Strong track record of providing excellent customer service.
- BS, MS in related degree.
- CPP preferred
- Law Degree preferred, with experience advising on payroll-related matters.
- You should have the ability to convert legislative/regulatory requirements to functional requirements and ensure necessary updates are implemented timely and accurately.
- Workday Payroll experience a Bonus!