Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
The Product Manager will collaborate with the commercial strategy, sales and growth related department stakeholders to help define quarterly initiatives, design function level roadmaps, and execute weekly sprints to achieve the organization’s growth goals.
The sales and acquisition focused Product Manager role is an integral part of the process and sits directly between the growth focused departments such as acquisition marketing and the product leadership team. Initiatives this position could help influence are loyalty programs designed to help increase user engagement and designing the tools the sales team uses to sell Inspire products face-to-face or in event settings. At Inspire, commercial growth has a very broad definition and many projects fall beneath its umbrella. In this role you’ll have a hand in building tools to help us gain traction in every aspect of our business and be responsible for ensuring our value proposition reaches our target customer segment in the most effective way possible.
The right person for this role is skilled at guiding team members from all disciplines through the product development process, comfortable managing multiple work streams, and is excited to build a framework for approaching complex project management workflow issues. Simply put, if you’re someone who is interested in helping to build the strategy and tools required to achieve enterprise growth goals, this is the role for you!
- Collaborate with the sales and acquisition teams to define quarterly initiatives, design individual product roadmaps, and execute weekly sprints to achieve the organization’s growth goals.
- Craft, maintain, and execute product roadmaps for the acquisition marketing, brand marketing, communications, and sales team.
- Collaborate with the department managers in managing the day-to-day sprint process for all relevant department.
- Partner with growth related department stakeholders to document department level project priorities.
- Ideate with growth related department stakeholders to determine the best solution to achieve department level projects.
- Create sprint backlog including epics, user stories, and sizing strategy.
- Collaborate with development team to manage progress of weekly sprint and work to remove all development blockers when applicable.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- You understand how to build a mission-driven product that translates our brand promises into user experiences.
- You have experience with UI/UX design, product specs (including functional /technology specs, market requirement docs), production pipelines, and content management workflows.
- You’re fluent in SEO and SEM fundamentals
- You have a experience collaborating with a technology team and have an understanding of the interconnected relationship between product and engineering teams.
- You have exposure to developing tools / features to increase customer usage / retention.
- You have a personality profile to fit into a high-growth, entrepreneurial culture that requires teamwork and significant interaction with employees at all levels.
- You have experience developing dashboards and key metrics to track performance and inform strategy.
CULTURE & PERKS
Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant.
Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy. Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most consumer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected moment towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance – Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, a dog friendly workplace & LOTS of cupcakes!