Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying customer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
As the Product Marketing & Customer Engagement Manager, you will help bring our products to market and establish a long-term relationship with our customers to ultimately make a positive impact on the business and delivering increased customer lifetime value.
Our mission is to build a customer-focused clean energy platform where we look for opportunities to reward our loyal customers. To help us achieve our mission, the candidate in this role will be expected to deliver the following:
- Loyalty Program Optimization: Establish the strategic vision and roadmap to execute a compelling loyalty program that resonates with our customers.
- Voice of the Customer (VOC) Dashboard: Be the voice of the customer and create a dashboard to showcases key customer metrics to organization.
- Customer Engagement Mapping: Establish customer journey maps (across all mediums (website, email, app) and identify opportunity areas to increase engagement.
- NPS & Promoter Engagement: Create unique customer engagement opportunities to expand our NPS score among promoters.
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan through sound go-to-market strategies
- Product messaging – Develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with customers and differentiates your products in the market
- Be the Voice of the Customer (VOC) – Launch efforts to understand the customer needs and experiences in order to identify new opportunities that create value for them. Leverage that knowledge to create a VOC dashboard to socialize throughout the organization.
- Customer Engagement – Be the expert on our customers (who they are, what they want, how we can align our product values to be relevant to them) and establish a customer lifecycle strategy that keeps customers engaged to ultimately increase lifetime value. This also includes identifying the most valuable rewards & loyalty programs to help reduce attrition.
- Own the Customer Loyalty Program – Review existing loyalty and rewards program, identify areas of opportunities and enhance the program to increase customer retention and create brand advocates.
- Full lifecycle optimization – Understand all touchpoints throughout the consumer journey, from product development, product marketing, sales messaging and customer engagement, to further optimize the consumer experience and increase engagement.
- Communication Skills: Both speaking and writing abilities have to be tapped in this role. You will frequently have to present about new products, feature benefits and be able to tell the “story” of the products for various marketing channels. In addition, you will be responsible for writing engaging copy and creating the email strategy for our prospective and active members.
- Collaborative Skills: This role is incredibly cross-functional and require you to work with multiple teams across the organization ranging from sales, member experience, technical development, growth, brand, and product development.
- Agile Project Manager: There will be multiple projects happening simultaneously and you will be expected to be adept at managing them effectively. Synthesizing the goals and objectives and laying out a strategic plan to tackle them and monitor their progress.
- Creative: Demonstrated ability to think innovatively—connecting the dots where others cannot when it comes to customers to create business building insights.
- Execution Driven: You flourish in a hands-on role, adding value at different levels. You will perform much of the research in-house and love to engage in methodological discourse with your insights colleagues.
- 4 – 6 years of B2C product marketing experience with a strong focus on the customer. Experience with subscription or digital/technical products a plus.
- Strong analytical skills to be able to evaluate data into actionable insights
- Very strong written communication skills
- Strong cross-functional leadership and relationship building ability
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA a plus.
CULTURE & PERKS
Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant.
Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy. Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected moment towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance – Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!