ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Supply & Demand
Reports to: Head of Product – Pricing & Forecasting
Team Size: <20
Recruiter: Almog Greenberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Product Lead for our Forecasting team, you will be in charge of some of Zalando’s most critical products. You will build first-class machine learning products that forecast the demand for the 300k+ items that we offer our customers. You will try to better predict our order cancellation rates and foresee our order return rates. You will lead, grow and mentor a team of product managers and product analysts and work closely with senior data scientist to develop state of the art machine learning solutions. Your work will impact the millions of Zalando shoppers as well as countless internal teams (from merchandising to markets to operations) that are dependent on your insights.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Build great machine learning products that are business critical. Even the slightest improvement you’ll make in those tools will results in millions of Euros gained for the company
- Change the game. Analyze our current performance, find opportunities, improve processes and help us grow stronger
- Collaborate with your stakeholders in business and engineering
- Lead and mentor your team of product managers
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experienced product leader (7+ years of product experience) with extraordinary analytical capabilities
- Experience in building and improving data science and machine learning products
- Bachelor degree from a respected university
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Pricing & Forecasting is at the core of our commercial operation. Our tools help to determine how much of each product to buy, to recommend the best prices for these products, and to ensure that we have the right level of logistics capacity to fulfil our customers demand. The Pricing and Forecasting engineering team uses cutting edge technology, data science and machine learning, to forecast demand and pricing with a focus on business and customer experience. Partnerships happen with all key engineering and product teams, business and customer experience teams.