We are searching for a curious individual contributor to work on our New Business portfolio, so join the rapidly growing in-house design team at Finnair as a Lead Designer!
We are looking to accelerate the sales and experience of our customer-facing Digital Platform (including our international Finnair.com in 33 markets and 16 languages, Mobile App, Inflight Entertainment System and Nordic Sky wifi portal) with new concepts and business models.
We have a few existing projects in the portfolio you will be working on to ready for release (coming soon!) but you will also be a key player in developing completely new services in this role, so we have expectations of a macro level design thinker combined with the skill set to conceptualise, visualise and communicate the Big Picture to all stakeholders.
As with our other design roles you will be joining a larger interdisciplinary team of business experts, analysts and developers – there are now 100+ people working around the Digital Platform.
Your main responsibilities (at this point) are:
- Creative problem solving (Business and Service design/Design Thinking) for developing new digital business models related to our core airline business and beyond that; conceptualising and validating these service concepts and hypotheses with the Finnish home market and focus markets especially in Asia (China, Japan, South Korea et al) as per the Finnair growth strategy
- Defining services with various design methods such as workshop facilitation, mapping experiences, end user validation and collaboration with various stakeholders throughout the company and our partners
- Leading and contributing on the hands-on, day-to-day design work with agile development teams (both internal and external) on all New Business projects (including design vendor management in cases where we accelerate the prototyping with external teams), we all work with Sketch and Axure right now
- Collaborating with our other designers, analysts and developers; improving the overall design related processes, practices, metrics and ways of working within Finnair; acting as a mentor to more junior designers according to our overall career path model
What we require from you:
- 6-8 years of work experience in digital design with at least 1-3 years’ practical experience of leading design for one product or a product portfolio; a big plus for experience in business design methodologies
- Working experience as a member of agile team(s) as well as stakeholder management
- Background in digital agency/consultancy or in-house team with experience working with both web and native products
- Relevant portfolio that you can present
- Fluent in written and spoken English (as we have a very diverse team)
- Airline and/or travel industry experience is a plus but not mandatory
We offer you an exciting opportunity in the multifaceted, fast changing aviation and travel industry. This is a great time to join the Finnair team and contribute to our growth journey. Here at Finnair ambitious, competent and motivated people can really make a difference.