Travel technology is in our blood
At Holiday Extras we believe time is precious, and holidays are some of the most precious times we have. So it’s fitting our purpose and promise to our customers is less hassle, more holiday.
We’re a fast-moving travel technology business, obsessed with making it easy for customers to make the most of their trip. With over 4 million bookings a year we are one of the UK’s most innovative travel companies and continue to grow fast and expand our offering as a trips-based business.
We’re the UK market leader in travel ancillaries; once you have booked a flight and accommodation, we take care of the rest. That includes airport hotels, insurance, airport parking, lounges, foreign currency, car hire, resort transfers and attractions. Almost all of our business is conducted online, either direct through our own website and app or through our network of partners that include the major travel retailers, airlines and tour operators.
Our product engineering team are based in our custom-built Wave and Reef campuses, just 5 minutes from the beach in Hythe, Kent, less than an hour from London. We also have engineers in Sofia (Bulgaria) and at our tech hub in Birmingham. In total we have more than 130 people working on our product development including engineers, product managers, testers, and designers.
How you can make a difference
As a Technical Product Manager, you will be working on integration products to help us both secure supply and expose our own products to partners via our Partner API.
You will be responsible for the delivery and execution of our UK and European integration strategy, leading at least one team of engineers for this mission.
You will be interfacing with external partners and suppliers, and building internal relationships with our Partnerships and Commercial teams.
In this role you will expected to deliver high value output and create alignment in process and team collaboration between UK and Europe businesses.
Working in conjunction with our Development Leads, you will help drive high performance in the Technical Product teams.
Whether your product is customer-facing or not, as a Product Manager there will be a need to understand client, stakeholder and user problems and work out how to solve them.
You are able to define granular deliverables that can be tied back to the ‘bigger picture’.
You will prioritise features and scope efficiently, be comfortable meeting deadlines and reprioritising where it is required.
You will get to understand the tech and data architecture our products are built on, and leverage these to open up opportunities, remove blockers and help your team(s) deliver.
- Self-starter: a driven, motivated individual who identifies opportunities and is prepared to get their hands dirty (digging into the details, helping push things over the line)
- Comfortable with ambiguity, remaining unfazed when having to work out how to do things you’ve never been exposed to before.
- Flexible in approach, willing to change and adapt plans quickly based on new information. Cognitive biases are left at the door, and you’re not afraid to fail.
- Passionate about delivering an industry-leading integration experience utilising the best-in-class technology and business assets.
- Confident and capable in data analytics, able to learn how to self-serve quickly using system performance tools for uptime and response times, and use these to measure against Service Level Agreements with third parties. Able to interpret the data to inform product direction.
- An inspirational and effective communicator, both written and verbal, able to influence and coordinate internal & external stakeholders with evidence based recommendations
- Outcome-driven, able to tell us how you moved the dial on KPIs for products you’ve worked on
- An eye for detail and tenacity to build best in class products
- You can ‘speak’ tech, design, data and business and love keeping yourself up to date with the latest trends, frameworks, tools and methodologies
- You’re a natural born leader, people want to work with you – you are someone who loves to get stuff done but has fun along the way
- You’re antifragile, you bounce back after failure and have an appetite for delivering and learning fast
Join us on our journey for the career trip of a lifetime.