About Secret Escapes
Secret Escapes is the UK’s biggest members-only website that runs best-in-market flash sales of four and five star hotels and holidays worldwide. We offer our members exclusive rates of up to 70% off.
We’re looking for grafters and self-starters to join the gang, who can keep up with the pace and want to make a difference. We still work in relatively small teams, so there’s no room for coasting along. We’re friendly, happy, and most importantly, we work hard. We’re not afraid to get our hands dirty, and we’re all madly passionate about our brand.
Questions you will help answer day to day
Secret Escapes is one of the most successful UK start ups. We attribute this in part to our ruthless prioritization to ensure we are working only on features with the highest returns. The right candidate will be a savvy strategist with a mind that can constantly assess value and reprioritize accordingly.
We always ask ourselves: how can we maximize the value for the business?
We believe in MVP and testing ideas so we can fail fast, and find winners faster. So for every single problem, we challenge ourselves to think how can we solve the problem in the most efficient way possible?
We spend a lot of time with our stakeholders, and the right person will be able to ask the right questions to get to the heart of the problem that the stakeholder wants solved.
Things you’ll be working on
- Responsible for improving our internal tools so we can get more deals live faster
- Running quarterly workshops with key stakeholders
- Running monthly company updates to demo your successes and share what’s next
- Responsible for mapping out entire processes and working with leads in the organization to improve those processes with the tools you build
- Ability to measure the successes and report back
- Using both qualitative and quantitative methods to understand customer behaviours and then use that knowledge to deliver value
- Presenting results and feedback to the business and senior stakeholders
- Requirements gathering from multiple stakeholders throughout the business
- (De)scoping, sizing with tech
- Business casing features as we don’t do things based on gut feel
- Working on multiple features simultaneously with the design and development teams, ensuring that they are completed accurately and within tight deadlines
- Product documentation, reporting and analysis
- Light QA work on product features
How the magic happens
We’re a team of 10 product minded people in London, Berlin and Poland. We work hard, build great relations with our stakeholders and have the full support of our two Co-Founders (one Co-Founder is very easy to spot in the office, he wears an animal themed jumper every Friday).
On a day to day basis we are part of the wider Product & Tech team. The Tech team is distributed across London, Berlin and Poznan, but we are in constant communication with them through our agile teams. We use both Kanban and Scrum to deliver quality software for our members and internal users.
The ideal candidate has…
- Experience working in a fast-paced digital environment within the Flash Sales or Travel sector
- Experience improving internal processes and absolutely love doing it
- A believer in MVP and follower of Eric Ries The Lean Start Up philosophy
- Commercial experience working in an Agile/Scrum/Kanban environment
- Highly numerate, and in fact, you have the degree to prove it
- Experience running AB testing programs
- Experience with user testing methods
- Extensive experience in analysing customer on site behaviour and a proven track record of turning those insights into profitable features
- Confident and passionate about working to targets on project delivery
- Experience in managing product development projects from inception to delivery
- Experience working in lean product development environments
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across departments
- Excellent project management skills
- Working knowledge of tools: Jira, GA
Nice to haves….
- Knowledge of CRO techniques
- Working knowledge of tools: AB testing tools like Optimizely or Omniture, Dashboarding and data tools like Geckoboard, Tableau
- Native app experience with IOS or Android
And you are…
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty
- eager to solve any problem thrown at you
- a critical thinker, never just accepting an obvious solution but going to the core of the issue
- Data driven and customer centric
- Keen to have real ownership while working as part of the team
- Someone who exceeds people’s expectations on a regular basis
- Results driven, yet light hearted and fun
Things you should know about the Product and Tech teams
We love a good time, and after all, our work is to inspire the world to escape.
We come from all over the world, so expect tasty and less appealing treats to pop up on a regular basis. Be a sport and say they’re wonderful!
Hackday is sacred and our Product managers love to work with the tech team on crazy stuff. We’re real geeks and nerds.
We also like a beer or two or more… after work and especially Friday afternoon. We’ve got a tiki bar and we aren’t afraid to use it!