Gentrack is on a mission to enable the energy revolution through smarter billing management and next generation energy products. The role we are looking to fill is for someone passionate about this mission as well as product management to engage with our Australia customers, based from Melbourne, and guide an Auckland-based product team. The products you’ll help to build and shape touches millions of your fellow citizens every single day in helping them use energy wisely and find the right offering for their needs. Your job will be to help utilities deliver new energy products and reduce complexity in their operations, so they can bring down energy costs, all while making the experience feel more enjoyable.
What will I be doing?
- Build an understanding of the utilities domain to plan how we deliver a regional product that leverages our global insights from next generation utilities leaders
- Manage the product plan: capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritise work to maximize value that delivers a positive commercial outcome
- Explore the next wave of problems with customers through research and regular interaction
- Collaborate with your team in thinking big, to imagining future solutions that solve these problems
- Scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as you can
- Constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures
- Own and maintain the quality of the product your team is responsible for; deliver value in every release
- Motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
What skills do I need?
- Multiple years of experience in a software product role, driving change and learning through multiple release cycles
- Able to think deeply about product decisions, and how we can simplify the experience of complex industry and regulated workflows
- Be a clear communicator of product decisions and the rationale behind them; be comfortable in making decisions without consensus
- You have guided conversations to seek understanding of the problems being facing to inform potential options for product next steps
- You’re entrepreneurial; you don’t need direction; you’re self-driven and always looking for ways to improve product practices
- Have an understanding of the technical architecture of complex web and cloud applications
- Ability to travel across Australia to spend time with customers, as well as to New Zealand to engage directly with engineering teams
What’s in it for me?
- You’ll get a competitive and equitable salary package.
- An environment that supports flexible working.
- Daily fruit and biscuits are at hand if you need to refuel.
- Lots of opportunities to socialise with colleagues at Friday drinks or monthly engagement events that are organised to bring our people together.
- A global wellness programme that also provides you with gym access at the office during the day.
- Working in a successful, growing team and dynamic organisation that operates across the Globe offering genuine travel and career development opportunities.
Gentrack recognises the real value a diverse and inclusive workplace brings and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds, bringing with them a range of experiences and perspectives. We strive to be a welcoming and supportive Gentrack.