As a Technical Project Manager at Big Human, you’ll work with engineers, designers and all types of clients to build digital products. Whether it’s a hot new startup trying to bring a digital product to market or an existing brand that wants to reinvent themselves, you’ll ensure the products ship on-time and under-budget. Above all, we want someone who is as obsessed with digital products and who’s eager to build them daily. You should be creative problem-solver who can parlay strong interpersonal relationships into smooth workflows, and ultimately beautiful results. This role reports into the Director of Product and is based in New York City.
- Collaborating closely with product managers, engineers, designers, key stakeholders, and external partners to deliver client products
- Managing the development lifecycle including gathering requirements, writing and prioritizing user stories, identifying and escalating risks, and overseeing deadlines
- Aligning communications and improving awareness more broadly by providing overarching communications to leadership and other stakeholders on progress, issues, and risks
- Contributing to project estimation, analysis, requirements and design specifications to effectively define projects and necessary resources
- Maintaining a deep understanding of every creative’s strengths and bandwidth, and delegate project work accordingly
- Promoting teamwork and a collaborative work environment
- Building good relationships and trust with the product team, partners, and stakeholders
- Maintaining an overall budget and schedule
- Initiate and lead all appropriate project meetings
- Self-motivated, self-aware, self-disciplined and self-improving
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- 5+ years working with engineering and designers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to lead via influence, patience, and determination
- Strong problem-solving and problem identification skills to preempt obstacles and conflicts
- Extensive experience defining and reporting on metrics to support project and organizational goals
- Ability to stay focused and figure out next steps with moving timelines
- Exceptional “waterfall” and Agile project management skills, including the ability to blend both approaches based on projects’ needs
- Highly proficient in JIRA, Confluence, Trello, Excel, and Google Docs
- Familiar with Invision, Figma, or similar design tools
- Strong bias for action
- Familiar with Harvest and Forecast
- Expert in Agile project management methodologies and processes
- Technical background
About Big Human
We’re Big Human, a digital product design, UX, and development studio located in Union Square, New York. Our clients range from start-ups in various stages to Fortune 500 companies and span almost every vertical imaginable. We also have an internal Labs program where we incubate our own ideas (perhaps you’ve heard of Vine?).
Never a dull moment at Big Human headquarters. We have lots of fun perks that include the ‘normal company’ things like health insurance, gym memberships, 401ks and commuter benefits, as well as some special treats like weekly lunches, massages, yearly retreats and an office Goldendoodle named Hugo.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.