McDonald’s IT team is responsible for maintaining a stable, relevant and reliable environment to support our corporate office and Restaurant estate in both the UK and Ireland. This role is essential in ensuring existing profitability of the business and enabling future growth through technology.
This is a key role where you will be responsible for E2E product focusing on digital channels including kiosk & mobile app, and improving the overall customer experience.
The role is a blend of technical expert, user champion, best practice analyst, and innovator with organisational and commercial acumen.
The role will include the following activities:-
- Acquiring knowledge to become a subject matter expert in assigned products (both hardware and software) and maintaining a knowledge repository.
- Engaging with stakeholders within both this and partner organisations for the purpose of product lifecycle, reviewing relevancy and innovation.
- Engaging with global and UK & ROI IT functions such as governance, architecture, service operation, project teams and software development teams.
- Engaging with Non-IT functions e.g. legal, finance
- Innovating and evolving concepts towards tangible outcomes.
- Create processes (where necessary) to reduce effort required to support and maintain products
- Keeping up to date with latest innovation in the market
- Presenting and reporting (concepts, initiatives, availability, performance, roadmaps, relationships)
You will be responsible for:
- Managing a portfolio of digital products and services – set product strategies, prioritise features, build consensus and coordinate schedules
- Ensuring the efficient management, prioritisation, and delivery of the digital product roadmap for products you will be responsible for
- Lending subject matter expertise to projects
- Forming supplier and business relationships
- Input into product requirements and solution design
- Developing technology and product roadmaps to provide visibility of risk and improvement options
- Identifying need for optimisation of existing technology and products
- Introducing innovation that co-exists with existing technology and products
- Communicating product change to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ensuring knowledge is transferable within the IT organisation
- Retiring EOL products and replacing ineffective solutions
- Ensuring our suppliers are delivering value against cost
- Managing budgets
Key Attributes for this role:
- Experience working in large scale retail estates, with federated and centralised organisational models
- Experience working in a maturing online/digital retail organisation
- General understanding of function across a broad range of technologies
- Proficient in mobile app, ecommerce and web development
- The ability to interact collaboratively and negotiate positive outcomes with diverse groups – Directors, Managers, IT Teams and suppliers
- 3+ years’ experience in a product management role
- Understanding of roles and responsibilities throughout the development life cycle
- Experience of building and maintaining product information
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with effective presentation skills and ability to adapt communication style to stakeholder
- Experience in both a waterfall and agile environment
- Experience of UX design
- Understanding the role of data and security within all products
- Able to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Self-directed and independent