Company and Product
Our aim is to help individuals and organisations make better decisions at work using data. We think data can help individuals be happier and more engaged at work and help organisations get the best out of its people. We have an optimistic view of the role data can play but we are also not blind to the need for mutual trust between organisation and individual for data to be a positive force.
Our first product is focussed on helping clients create high performing teams through a unique mix of personality profiling and compatibility matching. We’ve got further exciting plans so that this becomes the “go to” application for managers that want to get the best out of their teams or team members that want to suggest better practice. Our second product “Playbook”. will help companies (CEO, HR Directors, Heads of Talent, CFO, CIO) bridge the gap between having no data strategy and being truly predictive and sophisticated with their workforce analytics. There is a huge opportunity here to be a market leading product.
We are looking for a Product Manager to be a core part of our team. We’ve collected what we believe are a fantastic set of skills across the business and a Product Manager can now join and have significant impact. We want you to help channel truly imaginative thinking – yours and the teams – into an end result.
You’ll need enough experience of delivering products from concept to live versions that the chance to own and drive this process now excites you. You’ll be the expert and we’ll want you to have a good grasp of the principles of product management.
We want you to work with all the team (Founder, CEO, CTO, Chief Data Scientist, UX Lead) to develop the long term roadmap for the product over 12-18 months. We try and create a long term product canvas that really excites us all. You’ll be the glue in the team gathering feedback from clients through the business development team and market research around what’s working and helping translate that into sensible sprints.
It would be great if you had a desire and an ability to communicate with the technical guys – they are building a micro service architecture with rich web and mobile clients. You will evaluate with them when to build yourself vs. take off the shelf offerings. Current technology stack is Python, Django, PostgreSQL and REST but we are not shy about other languages and technologies when it makes sense.
As a product manager with experience, you will be expected to:
• Employ problem and product discovery techniques to reach product/market fit
• Demonstrate understanding of the difference between what users want and what they need
• Gather feedback rapidly and incorporate it into your product’s direction
• Be analytical and use evidence to guide and support decisions, particularly difficult ones
• Empathise with the needs, interests and concerns of users and product stakeholders and adjust your approach accordingly
• Prioritise product features while balancing changing user, business and technical needs
• Demonstrate experience in A/B and usability testing, and combining other qualitative and quantitative testing techniques to improve your products
• Create and maintain a coherent product roadmap narrative, aligned with product and wider business strategy, and use it as effective communication tool
• Fulfil the product owner role and work collaboratively in a Scrum team
• Communicate well in spoken, written and visual form
• Be a fast learner and enjoy acquiring new information and skills
• Learn from your mistakes
• Always know the answer to the question, “How will we know we’ve been successful?”
• Ensure that criteria for success are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-based wherever possible
• Be motivated, always willing to roll up sleeves and get stuck in, and demonstrate excellent time management skills
• Have a strong eye for user experience and have a good understanding of, if not direct experience in, wireframing, coding, working with data, continual deployment, user interaction and visual design
As an early employee you will be instrumental in shaping our culture, deciding on future hires, figuring out our dev process, helping with strategy and defining products. This means we also value your communication skills and ability to reason.
We expect to offer a base salary of between £45k and £55k depending on the level of experience.
Desirable Skills and Mindset
You will not need expertise in people analytics but you’ll need to be curious about the growing debate. This is a new market segment and there’s some fantastic thinking to explore. For example see Sandy Pentland at MIT, Adam Grant at Wharton and others.
After we have reviewed the CV’s we will ask selected candidates to do a short telephone interview. From there the interview process you will meet some of the team to understand if there’s mutual excitement from you and us about working together. We’ll also ask you to complete the team profile questionnaire. If we both want to proceed we’ll ask you to do a short presentation that will explore some the skills sets mention above. At that stage we’d look forward to welcoming you on to the team.
Direct applicants only. No agency recruiters please.