At Capital One, we aim to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. The youngest top 10 bank and the only one that is still founder-led, we’re transforming into an information-based technology company.
Fraud – when a customer’s credit card or personal information is stolen – is a defining and increasingly frequent moment in our customers’ financial lives. According to Experian, in 2017 alone 14 million credit card numbers and 158 million social security numbers were exposed. We on the Fraud Digital Products team seek to prevent fraud from happening to our customers, and, if it does, to turn a frustrating and frightening moment into an affirming one. Our current products include Fraud Two-Way Alerts, Card Lock, Digital Fraud & Disputes Reporting, and the Fraud Resolutions Decisioning Engine.
As a Digital Product Manager for Fraud, you own the Fraud Resolutions Decisioning Engine. You are building this platform from “zero to one.” You develop a product vision such that the platform will enable a personalized, instantaneous, and painless experience when customers report fraud. To turn that vision into a feature roadmap, you partner with cross-functional teams in engineering, design, and architecture and get buy in from senior leadership. You lead a team of engineers to deliver on your roadmap using the latest technology.
Successful product managers at Capital One are great team players who embrace agile product development and lean startup methodology. You enjoy getting into the technical details and asking questions of your engineering partners. At the same time, you are comfortable communicating regularly and clearly to a group of diverse stakeholders.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Regularly deliver features that enable better experiences for Capital One customers and create tangible business value
- Lead an engineering team as their product owner, practicing agile product development
- Identify new opportunities for the platform based on customer needs (e.g., Capital One cardholders and operations partners) and business opportunities
- Define & measure KPIs for your product
- Communicate with & influence the priorities of partner teams and senior leaders
- Empower and mentor other team members to be great product owners, with future opportunities for people management
We’re excited about you because you’ll bring:
- Experience working with technology products
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail & track record of independent problem solving
- Commitment to express and listen to differing opinions
– Bachelor’s Degree
– At least 2 years of working experience
– 1+ years of experience working with engineering teams / in agile product development
– 1+ years of experience in SQL