About the Position
The Senior Product Manager, Advertising will lead Softonic product efforts in paid software and apps distribution, either through advertising, affiliation or other channels.
Working closely with Sales, Marketing and Engineering, he/she will focus on delivering a remarkable desktop and mobile user experience to both our audience (over 80mil users visiting Softonic every month to discover new apps and software) and our clients.
He/she will be overall responsible for ensuring that the Softonic.com product is operating at the highest level and we are reaching our goals.
- Determine long term Advertising product strategy and create product initiatives road map.
- Play the leading role, working closely with Sales, affiliation and Ad Operations in the definition, implementation and optimization of software & apps distribution within softonic.com properties.
- Communicate, inspire and influence in order to ensure the alignment between product roadmap, main stakeholders’ needs, market requirements and the overall Company strategy.
- Follow a data-driven approach to product management and product development.
- Determine and implement the right ads mix in our desktop and mobile web products (display vs. contextual vs. native vs. affiliation).
- Develop and manage the affiliation platform.
- Lead other new advertising product initiatives with the aim to deliver value to both users and developers.
- Lead product development with a dedicated team of developers following scrum agile methodology.
- Be a Lean champion: follow a “fail fast” culture of innovation within the desktop and mobile web product initiatives, implementing agile principles into every aspect of the product life cycle.
- Own operational relationships with 3rd party providers, including negotiation with vendors and running ongoing trials of new technology solutions.
- Stay ahead of Industry trends and report to the business any relevant news and best practices.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Product Manager or Product Owner of online products.
- Experience as Product Manager in products monetised via advertising is a must. Background on advertising implementation on online products will be valued.
- Experience in affiliation is highly valued. Particular experience in software/apps affiliation will also be valued.
- Good knowledge of the Agile Methodologies (i.e. SCRUM) with relevant experience in all phases of a Product Life Cycle, from planning to development, and market launch.
- Experience with lean startup development practices is highly valued.
- Google Analytics and/or other analytical tools experience is required.
- Good understanding of the core drivers of online advertising, mobile marketing and growth tactics.
- Team player.
- Passionate about the internet and its innovations.
- High level of English.