ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Logistics Technology
Reports to: VP Fulfillment Technology
Team Size: <10
Recruiter Name, Email: Amanda Lamont, email@example.com
As a Head of Product – Warehouse Automation & Robotics in Berlin, you will lead a high performing team of several product specialists – identifying, building and integrating promising automation and robotics technologies in our fulfillment centres. Driving innovation and managing complexity, you make things smarter for our logistics, customers, and employees. You and your team will be writing the story of robotics in our supply chain.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Be the driving force behind your automation KPIs and make your teams (engineering, product, business) deliver on those with the right priorities. Manage the productification of our systems to accelerate time to production, increase capabilities for smart evaluation of technologies in PoC/prototypes/pilots, and reduce complexity while implementing growth
- Own the full 4D product lifecycle and world-class end-user tooling for our day to day business affecting 7,800+ and growing colleagues in our fulfillment centres
- Be a role model to your team and stakeholders. No matter how hard the job is, you get it done. You truly love the product and don’t miss an opportunity to convey energy and inspiration to make people stretch to the next level and ship it. You inspire, consult and empower your team and stakeholders
- Build, scale and continuously improve robotics technologies that automate all warehouse management processes as a whole. Co-lead Zalando’s Logistics Innovations as part of the senior Logistics Leadership Team to scout, develop and qualify new technologies and startups for Zalando’s supply chain around the globe
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Significant experience in product management, where you have led and worked in cross-functional teams in a global e-commerce or logistics company in tech as well as identifying promising automation technologies
- Discuss the business on an eye level with senior management as well as external providers and challenge senior engineers on architecture and design decisions. You’re able to say no and stand by your decision in the face of your customers
- Effective communication skills in English, with the ability to express business requirements across cross-functional teams throughout various business units across geographies
- Academic degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related fields. You’re happy to create analyses and pivot data into compelling visuals where your first question is “How to measure it?”
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, leadership academy, 70+ internal technical and guilds, tech talks, blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive package (base and equity), 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
A key to the success of Europe’s busiest fashion logistics network is continuously advancing our technology and processes. By pushing ourselves to think smarter and adapt faster, our teams are setting new levels of excellence for the industry while meeting the complex needs of our customers, helping people connect to fashion in ways that were never previously possible.