We need a spy-minded UX ?
Bright Little Labs is building a kids media giant for the 21st century. We make kids’ books, games, and products that promote critical thinking, computer science and equality. Our flagship kids story is about Detective Dot – a nine-year-old coder who is on a dangerous mission from the C.I.A. (Children’s Intelligence Agency). Kids can join the CIA and carry out personalised activities on and offline.
We started on Kickstarter, reached 30 countries, got Cabinet Office backing, and have won a few awards. Next up: we’re launching in 22,000 schools, writing the first of 3 books with a not-yet-announced publisher, and we just partnered with Turner (who own Cartoon Network!!!) so we’re making cartoons and games too. Boom.
We’re growing fast and we need someone with UX magic to help us bring our brand to the masses. If you believe wholeheartedly in the power of stories and toilet humour to inspire the next generation, get in touch.
Please note: we value smart people over experience and qualifications. If you’re not sure you have the “right background”, please apply!
You are a big kid who loves games, toys and cartoons. You have experience in UX for kids products or game design. You’re detail oriented, tech-savvy, and you’re comfortable working in a startup environment (less structure, more freedom). Also, you’re proficient with Adobe CS and collaborative tools like Invision. We look for people who are intrinsically driven, use their initiative, and find solutions, and with a passion for children’s media and making the world a fairer place
We need help with these sorts of tasks
- Wireframing and storyboarding our interactive games and website
- Creating user journey maps that reflect our users’ needs and the wants of our customers (their parents and teachers)
- Creating visual guidelines to ensure consistency across our digital and print platforms
- Working with our developer to create super spy interactions
- Playtesting with kids, parents, and teachers
- Making sure everything we make is playful, sticky, and safe
- An awesome role helping to define the future of a very exciting brand that promotes diversity
- Exposure – we’re a high-ish profile project and we work with exciting people
- Flexible working arrangements – we’re happy to fit around you. Mums, dads and pregnant people please apply
- Fun – we’re building a top-secret spy agency. Our office chat is frequently focused on the latest Drone innovation, or what to name a new spy department, AND we get to play with kids toys.
You will require a DBS check to qualify for this role. Salary is dependant on experience. Starting immediately in our cosy office in Shoreditch.